website statistics

Wrestling UWW European Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, phelps said:

https://www.repubblica.it/sport/vari/2024/04/10/news/frank_chamizo_intervista_soldi_perdere_incontro-422454182/

unfortunately, it's only for subscribers (and I'm not)

I guess that somewhere on the web (i.e. telegram or other sites with illegal stuff) sooner or later it will appear, but right now the only way is to pay for the newspaper's digital edition

Thank you very much for all the quotes. Its is a real didsaster. Hope, Frank will win his quota at the last tournament.

But Lalovich has to go anyway!

6 hours ago, phelps said:

according to the Italian Wrestling Federation's President, the infamous match involving Frank Chamizo has had some consequence already...

the whole crew that was refereeing that bout has been excluded from the Olympics :yikes:

which basically it's a pure and simple confession that more than something went wrong on sunday afternoon

sorry but nobody touches Ibrahim Cicioglu. he is one of them

the last call was clear as crystal yet Mr Cici and his assistant Bouaziz said something else.

Edited by MHSN

3 hours ago, MHSN said:

sorry but nobody touches Ibrahim Cicioglu. he is one of them

the last call was clear as crystal yet Mr Cici and his assistant Bouaziz said something else.

I think our President was talking of the mat ref and the other 2 side ref, not of the VAR criminal (however, they all should be banned for life from any wrestling activity)

10 minutes ago, phelps said:

I think our President was talking of the mat ref and the other 2 side ref, not of the VAR criminal (however, they all should be banned for life from any wrestling activity)

well actually the center referee and the judge did OK, they had some mistakes but it happens. most of UWW refs have a low level of IQ. the problem was mostly with the mat chairman (I couldn't recognize him by his face) 

even in the last action, he tried to change the decision of other two refs about giving 2pts to Chamizo but failed.

Just now, MHSN said:

well actually the center referee and the judge did OK, they had some mistakes but it happens. most of UWW refs have a low level of IQ. the problem was mostly with the mat chairman (I couldn't recognize him by his face) 

even in the last action, he tried to change the decision of other two refs about giving 2pts to Chamizo but failed.

well, imho, as explained in the article, nobody did OK

they missed the first call for Bayramov (6 pts instead of 4), then in the final minute they didn't give Chamizo at least 1 takedown and the 4-pt takedown which could easily have been called a PIN before the final shame of the last action

I mean, the match shouldn't even have been close in the end (and that would have avoided the final embarassment)

23 minutes ago, phelps said:

well, imho, as explained in the article, nobody did OK

they missed the first call for Bayramov (6 pts instead of 4), then in the final minute they didn't give Chamizo at least 1 takedown and the 4-pt takedown which could easily have been called a PIN before the final shame of the last action

I mean, the match shouldn't even have been close in the end (and that would have avoided the final embarassment)

sorry but both of those calls were correct or at least not wrong, Chamizo stepped on Bayramov's foot before that annulled takedown. yes I know they are not usually strict about this. but that's the rule and of course in Baku they would be strict in favor of the host wrestler. and if you watch it again, both other refs gave 2pts to Chamizo and didn't notice the legs. the mat chairman (who wanted AZE to win so badly) noticed that and talked other two refs into changing their decision. there was a reason why Chamizo didn't challenge that call. he knew that was a foul if we go by the book

and that "pin" action. the ref below the whistle a moment before the action. I totally understand that was bad luck for Chamizo but I'm pretty sure that was just a honest mistake by the ref. that happened too fast and he has to caution/penalty Bayramov. I wish he could wait half a second more but he didn't. the action happened after/during the whistle. shouldn't be counted.

and the first call which was obviously a mistake. I didn't see center ref giving 4+2. I only saw a 4 (and then they changed the camera angel) only the judge made that mistake. that was a huge mistake anyway. actions like that CAN NOT be scored 4+2. that's either 4 or 2+2.  you can never score 4+2 in one action.

to me there were 3 or maybe 4 big mistakes in this match, I can give a pass to the refs for two of them, but that 6pts at the beginning and the last call were crystal clear. cancelling those 2pts after watching the video was intentional cheating. 

I would call this match 11-6 for Chamizo (or 3 cautions disqualification for Bayramov)

@phelps

Our top-media paid attention to the story with the headline ""A group of corrupt officials". The winner of the 2016 Olympics in wrestling accused the judges of bias after the license tournament in Baku"

But the story is far from the end!

Bayramov stated in the interview for Azerbaijan IDMAN BIZ:

"Chamizo should not forget that he won 5-6 matches by biased decisions of the referees, and as a result became a European, World and Olympic medalist."

Counterattack is the best defence? But it looks he has no way to say that his own win was fair. 

1 hour ago, avlar said:

@phelps

Our top-media paid attention to the story with the headline ""A group of corrupt officials". The winner of the 2016 Olympics in wrestling accused the judges of bias after the license tournament in Baku"

But the story is far from the end!

Bayramov stated in the interview for Azerbaijan IDMAN BIZ:

"Chamizo should not forget that he won 5-6 matches by biased decisions of the referees, and as a result became a European, World and Olympic medalist."

Counterattack is the best defence? But it looks he has no way to say that his own win was fair. 

Bayramov is just a stupid envious...

I wish him to get paid with the same money one day or another :bones: