website statistics

British Swimming Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

4 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

First major complaint about these champs - I am getting a little bit sick of the whole "you've put yourself in a great position in front of those selectors" chat from the presenter.

Really hope that before the end of the champs, one of the swimmers breaks ranks and responds by saying "well I've done the time they asked for, so they bloody well better select me!" :d

It could be worse, he was doing the interviews in Doha and the poor foreign athletes had to deal with his sometimes poorly worded questions in a second language!

Re. Colbert given her age and the direction of travel I think it’s reasonable to expect her to drop further time towards 4m 30 in Paris and again, fully expect her to be in the mix, that’s not to say she’s a favourite to beat Grimes et al but definitely a contender .

8 minutes ago, RussB said:

Re. Colbert given her age and the direction of travel I think it’s reasonable to expect her to drop further time towards 4m 30 in Paris and again, fully expect her to be in the mix, that’s not to say she’s a favourite to beat Grimes et al but definitely a contender .

I think we can reasonably expect her to make the final and then who knows?

But it's worth noting that both Grimes and Summer are younger than her, so in theory they should also be expected to drop time! And Forrester is only a few months older.

Don't get me wrong, Freya is a great talent. Just think we should temper our expectations slightly.

A new British record for Max Litchfield!

Thinking of the relay - does anyone know if GB Aquatics do relay training? I think the athletics squads have specific training sessions dedicated to the relays but can't recall them ever being mentioned in relation to swimming

8 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

"They're going to take 5 or 6 people for the relay" :lol: Mark Foster must know that's just not going to happen under the current selection policy.

He probably doesn’t fully understand the selection policy.