website statistics

GB Athletics

Katarina Johnson Thompson got her outdoor season underway last week competing in three events in Florida at Hurricane Invitational.

She clocked 13.70 seconds in the 100m hurdles. That is marginally faster than her 2023 opener.

In the long jump, she went out to 6.05m which is a modest start to the season.

Finally, in the 200m, she clocked 24.28 seconds.

Impressive line-up of Brits in the entry lists for 65th Mt. Sacs Relays from 17th April:

Men:

Tade Ojora - 110m Hurdles

Yusuf Bizimana - 800m / 1500m

Ricky Harvie - 3000m Steeple

Zac Seddon - 3000m Steeple

Efe Uwaifo - Triple Jump

Bayley Campbell - Hammer

Lawrence Okoye - Discus

Jack Turner - Decathlon

Women:

Dina Asher-Smith - 100m / 200m

Yemi John - 400m

Victoria Ohuruogu - 200m / 400m

Chay Clark - 400m Hurdles

Jessica Tappin - 400m Hurdles

Poppy Tank - 3000m Steeple

Temi Ojora - Triple Jump

Anna Purchase - Hammer

Definitely get the feeling that the athletes have started their season a bit earlier than usual as they go in search of the all important Olympic qualifying standards. 

Couple of athletes returning to action shortly

Holly Bradshaw - up to 12 step takeoff and her first competition scheduled for mid May in Germany according to her Instagram.

Niamh Emerson - competes in Loughborough on 20th April in long jump, shot put and 100m hurdles.

Abigail Irozuru - competes in long jump at Louoghborough.

20 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Katarina Johnson Thompson got her outdoor season underway last week competing in three events in Florida at Hurricane Invitational.

She clocked 13.70 seconds in the 100m hurdles. That is marginally faster than her 2023 opener.

In the long jump, she went out to 6.05m which is a modest start to the season.

Finally, in the 200m, she clocked 24.28 seconds.

:question: Something's not quite adding up on these KJT results so treat them with caution. They were sourced from her performance page at World Athletics but when I checked Po10 they're not included and I've just had chance to cross reference the event's results for other British performances and she isn't listed there. 

Think I may have been taken in by WA's fake news :mad:

Penn Relays take place 25-27 April and are beginning to confirm the elite entries for their Olympic Development series. Kyle Langford will be going in the men's 800m. No Brits scheduled to compete in either the women's 800m or 1500m.

4 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

5 British wheelchair athletes will be competing in Boston Marathon on Monday - David Weir, Johnboy Smith, Simon Lawson, Sean Frame and Eden Rainbow Cooper. 

I’m still amazed just how long David Weir has carried on competing for.