website statistics

Wrestling UWW European Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

4th Consecutive European title for Tajmuraz.

Seriously, if he´ll miss the Olympics again, there must be some weird curse or I do not know what

Anyway congrats Taj ! :yes

Taha won the gold and brought the freestyle title to Turkiye. It’s the first time after 1993. Was not expecting this.

We also won the greko title. We lost the women title by just 5 points. I know the Russia is not here but still a great success.

13 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Gold for Kurugliev, can't say I'm really able to celebrate this :dunno:

He was born on Philopappos hill, don't u know? :p

Edited by zob79

13 hours ago, zob79 said:

He was born on Philopappos hill, don't u know? :p

I thought he was born on Mount Olympus? :lol:

He said today he hopes to get Greek citizenship so he can compete in Paris. I'm still confused as to how he can compete for Greece in the European Championships without citizenship? I know in athletics we had some athletes who couldn't compete for the "national team" until getting citizenship, but in meets around the world they were listed as "GRE" athletes for a while.

2 hours ago, Makedonas said:

I thought he was born on Mount Olympus? :lol:

He said today he hopes to get Greek citizenship so he can compete in Paris. I'm still confused as to how he can compete for Greece in the European Championships without citizenship? I know in athletics we had some athletes who couldn't compete for the "national team" until getting citizenship, but in meets around the world they were listed as "GRE" athletes for a while.

It is very similar to the case of Grace Reed in figure skating. She got "sport citizenship" from Lithuania - so she could compete at the Euros and Worlds. But she needed "normal" citizenship to compete at the Olympics.