website statistics

Team Canada at the 2024 World Aquatics Championships Road to Paris 2024

6 minutes ago, james89 said:

Excellent split for Ruck and a decent one for Savard too

May not even need McIntosh for the medley relay, and Oleksiak for any relay minus the 4x200m freestyle. Of course it would still be great to have Oleksiak back in form, but probably not going to happe

Ruck would be the freestyle leg on the 4x100m medley relay (hopefully McIntosh rests for her other events), while probably also being on the 4x100m/4x200m freestyle relays as well. With Smith/Savard, MacNeil, and probably McIntosh (along with Ruck), bronze/maybe silver is doable in the 4x100m freestyle. 

Edited by Josh

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

May not even need McIntosh for the medley relay, and Oleksiak for any relay minus the 4x200m freestyle. Of course it would still be great to have Oleksiak back in form, but probably not going to happe

Ruck would be the freestyle leg on the 4x100m medley relay (hopefully McIntosh rests for her other events), while probably also being on the 4x100m/4x200m freestyle relays as well. With Smith/Savard, MacNeil, and probably McIntosh (along with Ruck), bronze/maybe silver is doable in the 4x100m freestyle. 

I'm still optimistic that Oleksiak will be more on form - we realistically haven't seen her swim in awhile. 

2 minutes ago, james89 said:

I'm still optimistic that Oleksiak will be more on form - we realistically haven't seen her swim in awhile. 

I think she swam at one of the TYR Pro Swim Series events this year, failing to make it out of the prelims in all of her events. 

@Topicmaster1010 just for clarification, am I correct?

Edited by Josh

1 minute ago, Josh said:

I think she swam at one of the TYR Pro Swim Series events this year, failing to make it out of the prelims in all of her events. 

Think it was last year. There is still plenty of time to get in shape.

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I can see the 4x100 relay being MacNeil, Oleksak, Ruck and Mcintosh, with silver the best possible option. There is no way :AUS loses unless they get dq'd

I see this lineup happening. I think Oleksiak may be holding back a bit.

17 minutes ago, Josh said:

I heard she did a 200m freestyle time trial at the US Open last year. Her time was over two minutes I believe.