website statistics

Track Cycling UEC European Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

The raw speed of Lavreysen is simply unequalled, damn :bowdown: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

30 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The raw speed of Lavreysen is simply unequalled, damn :bowdown: 

What an incredibly strong keirin race. Never seen such big difference before. It is dangerous that he is already so good. Can he do it again in 7 months?

1 minute ago, CCB said:

What an incredibly strong keirin race. Never seen such big difference before. It is dangerous that he is already so good. Can he do it again in 7 months?

I honestly don't think it's a problem, it wouldn't be the first time he's this good months apart. Besides, peaking twice in a month or so...yeah, that's difficult, but half a year in between two peaks really shouldn't be a problem for professional athletes...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Josie Knight beating Franziska Brausse in the individual pursuit final by 0,003 seconds after an absolutely perfectly timed last half kilometer :hyper: 

What a race!

How much does that equate to in tyre width?

Great ride by Anna Morris to take the Bronze only 1 tenth behind the Gold and Silver in her Bronze ride off too. The GB team pursuit on the Women's side will be very strong when you add in Archibald and Eleanor Barker

4 hours ago, CCB said:

And he's only 26 still, if he keeps this up till LA 2028 he could potentially beat Ireen Wüsts 6 gold medal record to become our most succesful Olympian. He's that good! That dominating keirin has me all excited!

On 1/13/2024 at 5:50 AM, RussB said:

That is my mistake - I had forgotten that the Points race and IP are not included as Olympic events.

Tarling certainly has high hopes in the ITT, rumours of him doubling up on the track TP are intriguing and can only help GBR. It would surprise me, some think he has a genuine chance at the Olympic title in the time trial given his development.

I’ve been assuming Hayter doubles up and rides the Omnium instead of Walls given his pedigree in the event? I don’t have an inkling on what the preferred Madison pairing is on the men’s side. Possibly they take Stewart like you say, will leave to the more informed posters to speculate. 

On the Irish note, Lara was brilliant today in the Omnium and was very unlucky to lose out on a medal on the final sprint by 1 pt. Really attacked the points race.

I still think Archibald goes for Omnium and TP, not Madison but just guessing at this point. Barker riding the Madison and TP makes sense. I figure the potential of Laura Kenny coming back means plans are subject to change.

At this point the Dutch are not being beaten in the men’s individual sprint or team sprint, maybe the Keirin is a chance another nation takes the title.

The female Keirin for me is the most open, it will be interesting if Emma can improve her race craft and be a force in this discipline, building on the silver she won last year. 

Tarling will make his GB track debut at the Adelaide round of the Nations Cup next month.