website statistics

Track Cycling UEC European Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

12 hours ago, Bearas said:

Is there seriously no one else to host EuroTracks apart of Apeldoorn? How many times they hosted it already :p

Right now, three times, as often as Grenchen (which held two of the previous three, whereas the first two in Apeldoorn are quite a while ago) :p 

Infrastructure is always excellent there, so there isn't really much of a problem with a relatively niche sport going to a well-known quality location more often, I think. Don't want those tournaments where like 15% of the stands are filled, which we'd sometimes see in sports like track cycling.

I also wouldn't mind it being whereever else by the way, as long as the atmosphere is great, I truly couldn't care less exactly which city it is in :d

Apeldoorn is close enough to often pass by there on my slightly longer cycling trips (one of my main 50+ kilometer laps), but I don't think I'll be going there this year. Funnily enough, Omnisport is right next to one of the parks where clients of my employer live, we were there in December and while walking through the park one sees Omnisport towering over it.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Men's Team Sprint qualifying complete with :NED :FRA and :GBR taking the top 3 spots.

Compared to last year's WC, :POL seemed to drop back a little (although they did field a different team this time around) and :ITA will be a bit disappointed to finish behind :CZE having been ahead of them in Glasgow. 

First real surprise of the competition - :IRL DNF in the Women's Team Pursuit. They were putting together a great performance and leading the competition before they had a crash after the 2km mark so are currently showing as DNF.

If I remember correctly from Glasgow, they would be allowed to ride again to get a qualifying time, if the same squad are passed as fit to ride but I could be wrong about that. 

:ITA top the qualifying for Women's Team Pursuit ahead of:GER and :GBR although worth saying that this whilst this was the same Italian squad as the World Champs, GB didn't have their strongest rider - Katie Archibald.

Germany will be happy to be above GB in qualifying but perhaps worried about the gap to Italy - in Glasgow they were only 0.3 seconds behind but here they were 1.9 seconds adrift. 

:IRL were able to dust themselves off to take the restart and finish in 5th place.