website statistics

Track Cycling 2024 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

Ellesse Andrews grandfather is Scottish and he got asked if there's a possibility Andrews could join GB (as a joke) thanks to the Richardson bombshell on NZ radio. He replies, "Like hell she is, I'm Scottish not British". Just to add the grandfather is from Glasgow, one area that is pro independence. Hahaha got to laugh.

Edited by Joshi

At the end of the day who knows what the situation will be like in 4 years time, there could be a new sprint star that is neither him or Lavreysen for all we know. 

The Australian team sprint squad was on a downward trend anyway because Glaetzer is clearly past his best which was easily seen at these games.  

GB cycling obviously saw the medals he won, his talent and birth country, got into contact with him and gave him a more lucrative deal. Track cycling is a bigger/more important sport there and their cyclists get more funding. 

Because if it was always his ‘dream’ why didn’t he make the move earlier on? He has been competing since 2019

And also can they please take Raygun aswell? I beg 

12 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

To be fair, reading up on Richardson he's been pretty torn about this for a while, it's not some new fangled thing. The fact he has a star cyclist Welsh girlfriend however, that's brilliant work by the GB Cycling entrapement department! Well done, agent finucane.

Love to see him lose his Australian passport. I hate this stuff. He should surrender his Australian citizenship if he was an honest man.

Looks like he had been planning this for a while but as too gutless to say so before the Olympics as he may have been deselected

Part honey trap. part money. GB track cycling has a big budget, Australia not so much 

38 minutes ago, rajiv said:

Love to see him lose his Australian passport. I hate this stuff. He should surrender his Australian citizenship if he was an honest man.

Looks like he had been planning this for a while but as too gutless to say so before the Olympics as he may have been deselected

Part honey trap. part money. GB track cycling has a big budget, Australia not so much 

Take away his passport!! Not an overreaction at all, like...

1 hour ago, rajiv said:

OR he has been planning this for a while, and was honest enough to race for australia at the olympics and win them a sack full of medals getting them a good return for their investment. 

If you think team Australia didn't know that he had applied to switch to GB pre olympics then you should wise up.

Edited by Olympicsnell

1 hour ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Take away his passport!! Not an overreaction at all, like...

He's now representing a European country, which for friend @rajiv now automatically means he is among the worst people on Earth. I'm surprised he isn't calling for Richardson to be banned.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

OR he has been planning this for a while, and was honest enough to race for australia at the olympics and win them a sack full of medals getting them a good return for their investment. 

If you think team Australia didn't know that he had applied to switch to GB pre olympics then you should wise up.

Apparently they didn’t know. But some at GB did. 

27 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

Yeah, the way I see it, is that he is equally proud to be British and Australian and was always intending to compete for both nations at some point in his career. I would assume that, given he has started dating Finucane :GBR, he thought he would speed up that process and hope to give himself a kickstart into the GB set up.  

2 hours ago, rajiv said:

The Australian track bike from Paris cost around $100,000 so their budget would seem to be pretty healthy in the grand scheme of things

32 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

He's now representing a European country, which for friend @rajiv now automatically means he is among the worst people on Earth. I'm surprised he isn't calling for Richardson to be banned.

Banned? He should be executed! He's a traitor to his King!