website statistics

Men's Tennis ATP Tour 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Pretty normal to get tired of someone winning for 15 years straight. Especially a typical "me always alone in the right fighting against the whole world" type of guy.

36 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Pretty normal to get tired of someone winning for 15 years straight. Especially a typical "me always alone in the right fighting against the whole world" type of guy.

I’m not sure you could use that first statement as an argument. Djokovic hasn’t been the only person

constantly at the top throughout many years. Federer, Nadal, and Murray have all been there or thereabouts as well. Fair that he might not be the most liked player on tour, but I was just wondering their reasoning. 

1 hour ago, Josh said:

@heywoodu @dullard do you not like Djokovic or something? ;)

Neither of you are Italian, so I’m curious as to why both of you heart reacted to Gianlu’s reply. 

No, I very much do not like Djokovic, but the heart reaction is simply because it's an awesome surprise: a player from outside the top-100 beating one of the players who always win the big events, I don't see how that isn't cool :d 

Same with the Grand Slams in the past eternity or so. The wins of Sinner, Alcaraz, Medvedev, Thiem were awesome, instead of always Djokovic, Nadal or Federer (and the hype that goes with it, that always goes along the lines of "wow, Nadal/Djokovic/Federer wins historic 532th Grand Slam title, he is for sure the GOAT!", year after year....you know, media people, at some point it's just not special anymore).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!