website statistics

Beach Volleyball FIVB Pro Tour 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

First event of the season starts today with the Doha Elite 16 (qualification starts in an hour)

Entry Lists

CBC Sports is live-streaming the entire event, all you have to do is set your VPN to Canada!

Edited by Josh

:CAN Humana-Parades/Wilkerson through to the gold medal match at the Doha Elite 16 after defeating :LAT Samoilova/Graudina 2-1! (21-17, 20-22, 15-12)  :wub::wub::cheer:

Probably one of my biggest hopes for an Olympic medal this summer, really hoping they can get it done. This is a big step in the right direction.  

Great comeback in sets one and three. They were 10-15 down in set one and 2-6 down in set three (I was seriously about to write them off after that) but managed to fight back and win both sets.  

:CAN vs :BRA is the women's Gold Medal match

meanwhile the men's Final act is :SWE vs :NED 

for :ITA, 2 painful quarterfinal's losses (especially the men, Nicolai & Cottafava, who played a brilliant pool phase)

Does anyone know where you can find an overview of the extensive Olympic rankings? And where you can see how a team's points total is structured. You could follow this at other Olympic Games via various sites, but this year I can't find anything about it.

Good job from Boermans and De Groot. In beachvolleyball they are the biggest medal hope for The Netherlands in Paris. If they make Paris, they only played 8 tournaments and Boermans is injured every now and then.

26 minutes ago, CCB said:

Does anyone know where you can find an overview of the extensive Olympic rankings? And where you can see how a team's points total is structured. You could follow this at other Olympic Games via various sites, but this year I can't find anything about it.

Good job from Boermans and De Groot. In beachvolleyball they are the biggest medal hope for The Netherlands in Paris. If they make Paris, they only played 8 tournaments and Boermans is injured every now and then.

May be is not what you are looking for but: https://www.fivb.com/en/beachvolleyball/rankingwomen

2 hours ago, CCB said:

The Olympic ranking is on the FIVB website instead of the Beach Pro Tour website. Boermans/De Groot are currently the lowest ranked of the three Dutch teams at 19 or 20 I believe, but I'm sure by the time Paris comes around they will pass Immers/Van de Velde and potentially Brouwer/Meeuwsen as well. As long as they stay fit this season...

On 3/5/2024 at 9:18 AM, Jinzha said:

Yes, very much.:facepalm:

Empty seats for final in Doha today. When the tour finals were in Toronto in 2016 the stands were packed for Friday afternoon games, so of course the tour has never come back