website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Totallympics

The funny thing is, I think :ISR and :UKR would have been Top2 in the televote if the Dutch weren't disqualified. Croatia would have probably lost votes while the other two would have got the same amount of political votes. 

In the end little disappointed but not by 2nd place but by too big distance in jury vote. At least Croatia won the televote. Surprised by Israel and Ukraine though. 
I guess EBU will have to change something, 2nd year in a row peoples fav is not winning. 

the jury votes are really difficult to follow and while I maybe can understand their support for Switzerland how the hell UK gets 40+ plus points. he didn’t sing one single tone right. the criteria in first place should be people can sing or not? 

2 minutes ago, Agger said:

I'm honestly impressed by people complaining every single year about ESC and somehow still ending up watching it again the next year

I haven't followed since Maneskin won, since 2022 was a known winner in February. And i'm pretty sure i complained about that then as well. Before that i didn't watch after the ridiculous chicken song. 

It's completely my fault for being tricked after a couple of years, that things could be different and an actual cool song & artist can actually win.  

6 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

In the end little disappointed but not by 2nd place but by too big distance in jury vote. At least Croatia won the televote. Surprised by Israel and Ukraine though. 
I guess EBU will have to change something, 2nd year in a row peoples fav is not winning. 

the jury votes are really difficult to follow and while I maybe can understand their support for Switzerland how the hell UK gets 40+ plus points. he didn’t sing one single tone right. the criteria in first place should be people can sing or not? 

It's simple, let eliminated juries, it will be enough.

10 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Poor Marko, was deflated already after 10 juries, when it was evident how the train was going. Not once did they went to interview him during the reveal. Just another reminder that your country is not good enough, it's not rich enough to host, it's not valued enough to be a winner..

Ugh...

What did Croatia actually do to have any jury appeal? 

Outstanding vocals? Nah

Outstanding visuals? Nah

Catchy song? Depends on who you ask, honestly

Crowd love just like Finland last year? Yeah

The juries definitely feel the outside pressure and are swayed in their votes, if Croatia wasn't this much hyped by the people from day 1, I am nearly certain that we wouldn't even see them in the top 10 of the jury vote. Kaarijaa at least had delivered a very visually entertaining performance. Maneskin stood out with their freedom and charisma on stage + had a radio friendly entry, that was targeted towards an international market and not just Eurovision. Ring ding daga ding for three minutes is Eurovision just as much as Keiino is and it does not have broad pop appeal, hence, can't really expect to dominate a jury vote, where other musicians tend to gravitate towards solid vocal performances and visual strength. 

If you actually want to win Eurovision in this day and age, you definitely need to have both the jury and the televote support. You can't just go all in on the televote and expect to destroy everyone around you. 

1 minute ago, rybak said:

Not a good idea because as you can see the televote results are a huge mess too. Israel almost won and that definitely was not “the people’s” choice either. The jury and public vote are both broken, neither work but what other option is there at this point? 

6 minutes ago, rybak said:

It would be an absolute fucking mess just like political elections across the entire world, but ok :d 

2 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Not a good idea because as you can see the televote results are a huge mess too. Israel almost won and that definitely was not “the people’s” choice either. The jury and public vote are both broken, neither work but what other option is there at this point? 

Cancel the circus and save everyone's time in May.