website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing FIS World Cup 2023 - 2024

Totallympics

Finally managed to watch today, cool races :cheer:

And amazing result for Diggins given she needed a spare pole when things were heating up and she was punched in the face with it by her coach. Cool to have not one, but two new and somewhat unexpected winners. Jenssen being more unexpected than Ilar of course, but still cool, and Novak in second...and :NED Mika Vermeulen in 4th after the race of his life (and playing a big role in the entire race) :hyper: 

Spoiler

Ok, he's Austrian in nationality, but basically as much Dutch, son of a Dutch former World Cup skier and main source of information for the Dutch Eurosport commentator :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Oh, and Calle Halfvarsson ended up with an 18th place and a frozen penis. So there's that. "I needed 10 minutes to warm it back up somewhat. Luckily my second child is on the way, because if I keep going like this* that might have become difficult" :p 

*this is the 2nd time already, apparently.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Phenomenal Diggins :bowdown: 

First world cup relay for women without Norway on podium since 2007 (yes they missed olympic medal 2014 and 2022 during that period).

and first win for Sweden since 2009 (even if they won gold in olympics 2014 and wch 2019)

But terrible with such few nations participating!!

Stage 2 in Gällivare (SWE)

Women´s 4x7.5km Team Relay:

1. Sweden I. :SWE (Lundgren, Ribom, Andersson, Ilar)  1:20:19.3

2. Germany I. :GER  (Gimmler, Hennig, Fink, Carl) 1:20:32.8

3. United States :USA (Diggins, Brennan, Laukli, Kern)  1:20:46.8 

Full Final Result HERE

Stage 2 in Gällivare (SWE)

Men´s 4x7.5km Team Relay:

1. Norway :NOR (Golberg, Nyenget, Krueger, Jenssen)  1:11:50.5

2. Sweden I. :SWE  (Haeggstroem, Halfvarsson, Johansson, Anger) 1:12:07.9

3. Germany :GER (Brugger, Kuchler, Moch, Sossau)  1:12:28.6 

Full Final Result HERE