website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2023 - 2024

Totallympics

30 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

So, there is speculation, that Brazil is going to make an offer to Braaten, after his dispute with the federation... :rolleyes::sleep:

Speculation, where? I would on one hand be somewhat surprised, since they'd have to invest in Braathen and they are really not big on actually investing in athletes. On the other hand, what they lack in actually helping improve the sports, they make up for in living and breathing for marketing, and having Braathen under their flag....yeah, marketing galore and nobody will even realize he's mostly Norwegian :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Speculation, where? I would on one hand be somewhat surprised, since they'd have to invest in Braathen and they are really not big on actually investing in athletes. On the other hand, what they lack in actually helping improve the sports, they make up for in living and breathing for marketing, and having Braathen under their flag....yeah, marketing galore and nobody will even realize he's mostly Norwegian :p 

Our commentator mentioned it as an "inside scoop" :d Braathen's mother is Brazilian after all, so he could switch easily, if he wants to.

32 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Our commentator mentioned it as an "inside scoop" :d Braathen's mother is Brazilian after all, so he could switch easily, if he wants to.

I honestly doubt it will happen. Of course he has been the main representative of Brazilian blood in the top of the world of winter sports for a few years now, so the federation is definitely aware of him, but they're usually just...well, I forgot the word for something that doesn't actually act when they should :p 

Plus I believe they have a rule of not allowing athletes who have previously competed for another country, but somehow I feel like that's just a rule for show and will be instantly broken if Braathen knocks on the door :lol:  Maybe I misremember that one, I'll check in with the federation's athlete's commission when said commission is back from work :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Oh damn, Gut :yikes: