website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

27 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Apparently the Olympics on web in Slovakia will be only on MAX :cry: RTVS can only broadcast live and only in one of their TV channels. They can stream on web only what they will show live in TV... this is completely mental !

ffs now I have to subscribe to Max (former HBO) to watch the Olympics... this is totally absurd... at least apparently they will stream everything covering by cameras from Paris... so, yeah at the end of the day, I will be forced to do that...

where is this world going ?

Same deal in most countries now.  It’s back to :GDR days for free-to-air Olympics. 

30 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Same deal in most countries now.  It’s back to :GDR days for free-to-air Olympics. 

At least there is still the option to watch multiple channels here, like Belgium, Germany and the BBC. But Eurosport coverage was really poor last time around, so I don't have my hopes up for their TV channel. It really seemed to be designed for getting people to watch on demand stuff.

I will pay it gladly anyway, but I won't stay around after the Olympics for sure.

6 minutes ago, AsensioWillemsen said:

At least there is still the option to watch multiple channels here, like Belgium, Germany and the BBC. But Eurosport coverage was really poor last time around, so I don't have my hopes up for their TV channel. It really seemed to be designed for getting people to watch on demand stuff.

I will pay it gladly anyway, but I won't stay around after the Olympics for sure.

Yeah, nowadays I never bother with an actual TV Channel as long as all the source streams have commentary.

20 hours ago, AsensioWillemsen said:

At least there is still the option to watch multiple channels here, like Belgium, Germany and the BBC.

Which means I'm not too worried here. HBO will let me turn on a maximum of two streams at a time, so with my expected setup, I'll definitely have plenty of real estate to watch what I want:

- TV

- Desktop

- Laptop

- Phone

- Tablet

On each of those I can turn on a regular TV channel and with Dutch, Belgian, German and British TV available (and even Eurosport 1 and 2 if they are showing something at that moment) I'm sure at least one of them will always have something I want to see. Plus then there's still space for two HBO streams to watch something that isn't on any of the TV channels at that given moment.

With the monthly Eurosport cost going out, a sports add-on on HBO MAX also isn't going to be much of an extra cost, maybe 1 or 2 euro per month more for something I use countless hours every single week of the year.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 minutes ago, Josh said:

Good news everyone! :yes

Today, my dad is finally coming home from the hospital! :wub: :cheer::cheer:

Still a long road to recovery (3-6 months approximately, could be shorter or longer), but super grateful that his condition has continued to improve these past few months.

Just wanted to thank all of the Totallympians on here for all of the support within the last couple of months, some even sent me get well soon messages. I really appreciate it ;)

I totally missed that :facepalm:

Good luck to him for his recovery! :fingers: