website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Acerola juice and esfiha with meat/cheese/other kind of meat :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Tried a handbike for the first time this morning, that was really hard and really awesome once I learned how to more or less control the direction :d :hyper: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

How is trash handled in your countries? Much to my surprise, I noticed in the appartment building here you're required to put literally everything in plastic bags or else the trash people simply won't pick it up. Which leads to the rather painful situation of having a perfectly fine cardboard box we got for our groceries being crammed into a plastic bag so it could be taken out. This makes so little sense :yikes: 

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

How is trash handled in your countries? Much to my surprise, I noticed in the appartment building here you're required to put literally everything in plastic bags or else the trash people simply won't pick it up. Which leads to the rather painful situation of having a perfectly fine cardboard box we got for our groceries being crammed into a plastic bag so it could be taken out. This makes so little sense :yikes: 

Plastic Bag into a giant bin (blue), recycling into a giant bin (green), bio material (plants, grass clippings, etc.) in giant bin (gray). The company will also come take anything if you order a special pickup. In my town we can also take our trash to the company’s trash dump.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I can only speak for the city I live in: In some neighbourhoods there are those different bins like olympian1010 described, but in most neighbourhoods (in particular the lower income ones) there is just one giant bin with all the trash together and the truck just comes and picks it up.

I don't think there is a specific norm regarding the use of plastic bags either, as far as I know you can throw the garbage like you want as long as you put it inside the bin. 

Yeah, overall this isn't an eco-friendly country. 

Here’s a quiz that tells you where in America you’re from based off your accent. I’d be interested to see a few users try: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/upshot/dialect-quiz-map.html

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela