website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2023

1 minute ago, OlympicIRL said:

I'm well overdue a tangerine... time to raid the fridge (yes I keep them in the fridge because they are lovely when cold).

I would like to state that I have an opinion on this..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

If I choose her she had better be in your top 5 then :d

Really depends on which era of Gemma you choose though, and of course what the competition chooses.

For example, the UK has the Sam Fender, Coldplay and Harry Styles card over me whenever they feel they want to use it :lol: 

The US could really do wonders if they hit particular songs from Sufjan Stevens, Paramore. Canada with Avril Lavigne and Australia with Troye.

Good example would be when you've sent Gavin James, he has such amazing music, but thankfully the song you ended up choosing gave at least a fighting chance for other songs in the contest, because it wasn't my top 10 favourite piece of his :p 

38 minutes ago, hckošice said:

:SVK Slovakia Calling! :SVK

:SWE SWE - 10 Points             

:ITA ITA - 9 Points              

:SLO SLO - 8 Points              

:DEN DEN - 7 Points              

:NED NED - 6 Points              

:USA USA - 5 Points              

:INA INA - 4 Points              

:MEX MEX - 3 Points

:d Thanks @hckošice :d

3 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Really depends on which era of Gemma you choose though, and of course what the competition chooses.

For example, the UK has the Sam Fender, Coldplay and Harry Styles card over me whenever they feel they want to use it :lol: 

The US could really do wonders if they hit particular songs from Sufjan Stevens, Paramore. Canada with Avril Lavigne and Australia with Troye.

Good example would be when you've sent Gavin James, he has such amazing music, but thankfully the song you ended up choosing gave at least a fighting chance for other songs in the contest, because it wasn't my top 10 favourite piece of his :p 

Also not my Top 5 Gavin James song, maybe Top 10 though, but still it was among my favourite Irish songs that year so that's where we landed. Other Gavin James songs I liked more kept getting pipped every year for selection so I was like I better select him one of these times :d

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

Nothing beats cold cucumber or watermelon on a summer's day :p 

A nice airconditioned room, cold shower or icy water :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Would be nice that :GBR will win this contest with a song in official language. Enough with foreign language songs wins here :p

The United States doesn’t have an “official language,” so I don’t know what you’re on about :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, heywoodu said:

A nice airconditioned room, cold shower or icy water :p 

airconditioned room can get you sick easily if you dodge in & out of your home

cold shower - you usually immediately start getting sweaty as you get out of your shower to dry off.

icy water I can approve