website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey Qualification to Winter Olympic Games Milano-Cortina 2026

Totallympics

Just now, rybak said:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

It was a very nervous. But Poland may still have chances. If belarus will be scratched from the next round, IIHF will need (at least) one more team to fill the group.

Poland got 1 point today, so you have the best chance to become the best second placed team among all the groups right now.

2 minutes ago, avlar said:

It was a very nervous. But Poland may still have chances. If belarus will be scratched from the next round, IIHF will need (at least) one more team to fill the group.

Poland got 1 point today, so you have the best chance to become the best second placed team among all the groups right now.

Congrats for win.

I hate when not everything depends from us, but from other athletes/teams or like in this case, on IIHF and IOC decisions...

3 minutes ago, stockblock said:

Ukraine did it on shootouts ! They still have to beat Estonia to advance to finals. Never thought they had a chance after the 1st period.

We are little bit shocked. Poland is a very strong opponent in hockey for us - our last win was in 2013.

But I hope both our teams will proceed to the next round due to the disqualifications of belarus (and russia).

2 minutes ago, rybak said:

Congrats for win.

I hate when not everything depends from us, but from other athletes/teams or like in this case, on IIHF and IOC decisions...

Thank you. Your team totally outplayed us in the 1st period. But penalties - is always a kind of lottery.

Hope you will win against Corea and we will have one more game in the next round.

Ukraine? More like Upsaine/Sensaine at this point, this week we produced too many fantastic comebacks/upsets/sensations, I am really glad for the guys, they need this win so much :cheer:

1 minute ago, avlar said:

Thank you. Your team totally outplayed us in the 1st period. But penalties - is always a kind of lottery.

Hope you will win against Corea and we will have one more game in the next round.

We did beat South Korea 6-0 few days ago, I know it was friendly match, but I can't see that we can loss against them. I'm hoping that our team will take lesson from this match and will play much better at Worlds in May. Main goal should be to stay in elite, everything else will be huge success.

Ukraine- Poland was the best game of the first two rounds... Ukraine still has to beat Estonia. If they lose Poland or even South Korea could advance.

For me i was torn on this game.  I am a American but my dad was  from Poland and my mom from Ukraine

The most beautiful goal of this Olympics cycle so far was scored by :ROU Huba-Ferenc Bors after an assist from Szilard Rokaly who literally himself swept with the complete Serbian line :hockey:

Edited by hckošice