website statistics

Asian Games 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

@MHSN....many congrats on discus performance , finally finally ehsan was pushed to second place ( I remember vikas gowda was always behind him at asian games) but luckily for Iran the guy who beat was also Iranian but 5 golds and now a silver .....what a great athelete he has been for Iran 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

2 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

@MHSN....many congrats on discus performance , finally finally ehsan was pushed to second place ( I remember vikas gowda was always behind him at asian games) but luckily for Iran the guy who beat was also Iranian but 5 golds and now a silver .....what a great athelete he has been for Iran 

Thanks and also congrats on your great performance overall specially in shooting

he is not the most popular athlete here mostly because of what he did and said outside of his career but he is/was indeed our best ever athlete in this sport. it's always sad to see a great athlete like him retires with tears running down his face. I believe he never lost a competition in Asia until today 

Might have to start keeping score of English commentators versus the common Vietnamese name “Nguyen.” I don’t think I’ve heard a single international feed commentator get it right so far…

Kind of embarrassing at the Asian Games.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Might have to start keeping score of English commentators versus the common Vietnamese name “Nguyen.” I don’t think I’ve heard a single international feed commentator get it right so far…

Kind of embarrassing at the Asian Games.

It was hilarious in badminton when Zhang and Zheng plays in the semifinal. The poor commentator found himself in the trouble after pronouncing Zhang as “Zayng”, then he had to pause for a few seconds to think how he will pronounce Zheng.

Edited by Griff88

1 hour ago, Griff88 said:

It was hilarious in badminton when Zhang and Zheng plays in the final. The poor commentator found himself in the trouble after pronouncing Zhang as “Zayng”, then he had to pause for a few seconds to think how he will pronounce Zheng.

The canoe sprint commentator celebrated China’s victory in one of the 1000m events at the 200m start line, while the roller skating commentator wanted to add an extra lap to the 1000m sprint (which called the “100m sprint).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela