website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

45 minutes ago, Laraja said:

@Fer GUA Do you know if there's any chance to put an end in this ban to Guatemala until Paris?

It is an issue with their NOC elections and governance. I feel like it could be cleared up before Paris, but this suspension has been applied for a few months now :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 10/20/2023 at 9:20 PM, vinipereira said:

For Brazil is 8 (3x3 Basketball, Baseball, BMX Freestyle, Field Hockey, Golf, Racquetball, Roller Speed Skating, Softball).

Against all odds, Brazil secured a medal in Baseball, which somewhat makes up for the disappointment of not having won a medal in 3x3 Basketball. But the list of sports we didn't medal is still 8 with Sport Climbing added now (and will be 9 with Breaking). Among the debut sports we only did medal in Skateboarding.

2 hours ago, Laraja said:

@Fer GUA Do you know if there's any chance to put an end in this ban to Guatemala until Paris?

Legally, is simple, but the Constitutional Court does not want to hear the case again, because it means removing the corrupted current board.  All government has been taken by corruption because they found a gold mine in it. Too sad. Maybe next year when new government takes office in January.

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

Against all odds, Brazil secured a medal in Baseball, which somewhat makes up for the disappointment of not having won a medal in 3x3 Basketball. But the list of sports we didn't medal is still 8 with Sport Climbing added now (and will be 9 with Breaking). Among the debut sports we only did medal in Skateboarding.

Was curious about Brazil's sudden success in baseball against traditional powerhouses, so I took a glance at their roster. 11 of the 23 players are from Japan. Not to take anything away from the team, but I wonder how they made that work. 

Paul :TTO just too good for anyone on the continent. Commanding victories all around.

Silver for :SUR :wub:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, John Foyne said:

Was curious about Brazil's sudden success in baseball against traditional powerhouses, so I took a glance at their roster. 11 of the 23 players are from Japan. Not to take anything away from the team, but I wonder how they made that work. 

You are completly wrong, japanese diaspora in Brasil is giant, a they have japanese names but all of them are brazilian