website statistics

Sport Climbing IFSC American Championships 2020

Totallympics

4C5B7DFA-D28D-4691-8765-4DC77B6546C6.jpeg

Thankfully no problems. People seemed to think it was odd that a 19 year old in a climbing gym shirt was accredited for this event :p

Gym is by far the largest I’ve been in. Really impressive facilities. There’s a actually a good crowd already hanging out about and hour and a half before the Speed comp. The venue is quite literally next door to LAX, so if someone does have Coronavirus, we can ship their ass off :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Got to speak with the IFSC Communications Director. I’m literally completely out of my league right now. Now, we just sitting across from each doing work. The perks of putting in hours of effort into building a good media organization I suppose. I’m so happy that I get this privilege, and I get to share it with all of you. Remember, updates will most likely be on my personal Twitter (scores, personal observations, comments).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Got to speak with the IFSC Communications Director. I’m literally completely out of my league right now. Now, we just sitting across from each doing work. The perks of putting in hours of effort into building a good media organization I suppose. I’m so happy that I get this privilege, and I get to share it with all of you. Remember, updates will most likely be on my personal Twitter (scores, personal observations, comments).

but don't forget to post at least the final rankings here in this thread...;)

14 minutes ago, phelps said:

but don't forget to post at least the final rankings here in this thread...;)

Yes, for sure. They’ll be in a article published too. Might publish the article first in order to make the press conferences, and other fun stuff.

Quick, what’s the nicest way to ask a Brazilian or Spanish speaking athlete for an interview?

35 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I'm confused with the results page. The speed and bouldering results looks wrong.

But :CAN is in first and on pace to win so I don't mind :p

Bouldering isn’t done. We’re just about to start the third problem. The Canadians are in fact killing it. Rojas is out I’m afraid. Contreras looks good too. Aguado looks terrible. Americans are meh.

Can confirm that she did in fact get the quota, despite two Chilean protests (Boulder and Lead from my understanding). I have no clue what those concerned, but Yip was by far the best climber today. I did manage to get an interview with her, but I don’t know how much will be usable. I got an interview with Contreras as well.

Overall, I really enjoyed myself, and climbing was great. The layout of gym is really bad for those type of competition though.