website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

10 hours ago, dcro said:

So... How many corona kilos have you gained? Apparently that's a thing now. :p

I've been going from 90-92 or so in January to about 84-85 by now and the slow but steady move towards 80kg hasn't sped up or slown down significantly during this coronavirus thing :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Since this is also a sports forum: what are governments in your countries doing, if anything of course, to help the sports community? Not much here yet, but some of the top flight football teams have had the balls to pretty much demand money from the government to prevent them from going bankrupt :facepalm: 

Obviously I hope the government won't hand out money to football clubs, especially the bigger ones, but it might be different especially for smaller sports and teams.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

24 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Since this is also a sports forum: what are governments in your countries doing, if anything of course, to help the sports community? Not much here yet, but some of the top flight football teams have had the balls to pretty much demand money from the government to prevent them from going bankrupt :facepalm: 

Obviously I hope the government won't hand out money to football clubs, especially the bigger ones, but it might be different especially for smaller sports and teams.

Some of the support for companies can also be used by sports teams. I think about 2/3 of the top-tier football teams are getting support to pay the salaries of players (up to 26.000 dkr) who has been sent on leave. The rest are still paying full salary. Superliga-teams have been given permission to do some training in groups up to 8 (including coaches and other staff). This is of course with very strict rules. But this is only for the teams who haven't sent players on leave.

For smaller sports organizations a pot of 50 million dkr is available (though shared with the scout movements).

I believe that's it at the moment.

46 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I've been going from 90-92 or so in January to about 84-85 by now and the slow but steady move towards 80kg hasn't sped up or slown down significantly during this coronavirus thing :p 

trailing you with a few there (87-88kg right now) :p

10 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Looking back, I definitely ever reacted because I was debating a bunch of people off the forum. I do think Slovakia should be monitored to make sure they cross any human rights lines, but from the way you put it, I think it will work out :yes

Is Slovakia home to the largest Roma minority? Most of what I know about the Roma come from their persecution during the Holocaust (that’s why I get worried really).  

no...

more about them...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people

but those data for certain Countries, I can tell you, are widely underestimated...

in Italy, for instance, they are way more than reported...for those 120/180,000 "regulars", we have at least a million Rom (the Italian name for them, but most people here always use for them the derogative expression "zingari" = "gypsies") "illegally settled", not registered anywhere...and of course dedicated to all kinds of criminal activity...

Fuck the coronavirus, hurray :cheer: 

Spoiler

On occasion of the World Health Day, mass sports and health-improving events were held in the sports complexes of the Olympic Village with the participation of high-ranking officials, heads of ministries and industry departments, as well as public organizations,.

Mass cycling rallies were arranged in the Turkmen capital and the regions of the country. 3,500 citizens took part in the rally arranged in Ashgabat. Starting from the Path of Health, they rode along the Archabil and Bitarap Turkmenistan Avenues to the State Tribune in the city center. The length of the route was 15 kilometers. In general, according to the organizers, 7,000 people took part in mass bike rides in Turkmenistan.

Each region prepared its own programme of events on occasion of the World Health Day. It included exhibition perfomances of athletes, competitions and friendly matches in various sports, competitions in national sports games, musical performances among others. Almost all stadiums, sports and fitness centres, open areas, as well as gyms of educational institutions were involved. Thus, the whole country joined the orbit of the World Health Day.

1586286103jpg.jpg

http://tdh.gov.tm/news/en/articles.aspx&article22020&cat30

Just now, Quasit said:

Though you have to say they always manage to have white and green themes in beautiful synergy. :d

Absolutely! They should have made a single-line parade though so they could break last year's world record :p 

Countries worldwide who have conducted the least number of testing. This data is taken based on the numbers of citizens tested out of 1 million people.

Countries who have done less than 100 tests per 1 million people in their country thus far.

1. North Korea 28 out of 1 million

2. Bangladesh 31 out of 1 million

3. Indonesia 50 out of 1 million

4. Bolivia 52 out of 1 million

5. Venezuela 62 out of 1 million

6. Nepal 84 out of 1 million

7. India 95 out of 1 million

This is the number of tests shown online. These 7 countries are said to have done the least number of tests per 1 million citizens. Some countries are very large hence they have to do a lot of testing. Some countries are small and of course they do not need to do so much of testing. It is inaccurate to look at the number of tests done per country because it varies according to the number of citizens in the country. Hence the website has collected data of how many citizens are tested per 1 million citizens in the country to make the data more accurate. Accordingly countries who have done lots of testing will be safer. Whereas countries who have done less testing may be in danger. When we do not test enough of people, many cases will go undetected and the virus will spread rapdily. This is the data given at the WHO website.

Edited by up and down