website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

5 Roma slums ? (ghettos ?) or however it is called are now in total quarantine ! :yikes:

The Roma slums in Žehra, Bystrany and 3 villages around the city of Krompachy are closed and guarded by the army

"The quarantine will be provided by the army and police in cooperation with local governments. People in quarantine should be provided with health care and supplies...
At the same time, the number of military teams that provide sampling in the villages with Roma minority will be expanded from four to eight. There more than 1000 Roma settlements in the country, all will be tested"

17 minutes ago, hckosice said:

5 Roma slums ? (ghettos ?) or however it is called are now in total quarantine ! :yikes:

The Roma slums in Žehra, Bystrany and 3 villages around the city of Krompachy are closed and guarded by the army

"The quarantine will be provided by the army and police in cooperation with local governments. People in quarantine should be provided with health care and supplies...
At the same time, the number of military teams that provide sampling in the villages with Roma minority will be expanded from four to eight. There more than 1000 Roma settlements in the country, all will be tested"

Slovakia should be taken to the international court of human rights immediately. I respect the right of people to protect themselves, but targeting the minorities is not the answer! For now, it’s just a health check, but later on...This sets an extremely dangerous precedent. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

23 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Slovakia should be taken to the international court of human rights immediately. I respect the right of people to protect themselves, but targeting the minorities is not the answer! For now, it’s just a health check, but later on...This sets an extremely dangerous precedent. 

what ? don´t try to make a race problem from this, this is a problem of national safety.

the rate of infection among Roma in these settlements is 13 times faster than in the majority society. By the way, the decision was made by the Chief Public Health Officer and the Roma MEP representing the Roma community in Slovakia !. This is not for fun. This is a very important decision, those people there had a guy who arrived probably already infected from Sheffield 3 weeks ago, he met already hundreds of peoples in all these settlements.

18 minutes ago, hckosice said:

what ? don´t try to make a race problem from this, this is a problem of national safety.

the rate of infection among Roma in these settlements is 13 times faster than in the majority society. By the way, the decision was made by the Chief Public Health Officer and the Roma MEP representing the Roma community in Slovakia !. This is not for fun. This is a very important decision, those people there had a guy who arrived probably already infected from Sheffield 3 weeks ago, he met already hundreds of peoples in all these settlements.

I’ve just studied too many wars, to see how this ends well. I trust you though. If you think the right choice has been made, then it probably has. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 minutes ago, dcro said:

So... How many corona kilos have you gained? Apparently that's a thing now. :p

If I had to guess, somewhere between +3/5, but that’s also while putting on my freshmen 20, so...:p

33 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’ve just studied too many wars, to see how this ends well. I trust you though. If you think the right choice has been made, then it probably has. 

Yes it is.

they are not going to be placed in any reservation or someting like that.

it is a precautionary measure. The guy who came from England with his wife and 8 children was already infected, since they came alone on their way by car they did not have to go to the state quarantine but were only asked to go to home quarantine.

stupid, yes, I know.

it was unreasonable. It has changed only since past week, everybody who comes from abroad, even on their own way, must have now to be placed in state quarantine facility.

And they even did not respected the home quarantine but even apparently constantly moved around these 5 settlements and infected others, they went to shops in the city, etc ... (The authorities claimed they could meet around hundred of people...)

The same man then returned to England once again last week (depite being in quarantine time) and brought with him more relatives and friend here, only when he returned at the borders it was discovered that he was supposed to be quarantined...

tests have shown that we have a fucking big problem now, by the way yesterday, from one of those settlements has been transported by helicopter a 40-year-old man with high 40 fever and in severe condition.

The only chance to solve the situation was to quarantine the settlements, they will be monitored daily and gradually solved as needed.

There is no need to worry or do a racial problem from that, trust me, food, clean water, hygienical stuff and necessary medical assistance will be provided daily.