website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2020

If we’re voting for next years venues, I’d like to place a vote for the Olympic Stage in Whistler :wub:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

As boring as "Shawn Mendes is winning TISC" sounds, at least he would be the first ever non-European winner. And I must say, for worldwide contest with 14 editions, we are kinda overdue for that. 

Of course non-Europe did have to pull out a global superstar to be able to do so :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Oof, shots fired. I think the Portuguese song makes a better progression. My family really liked that one, but felt the Brazilian song wasn’t good. The biggest complaint was the unusual beat/rhythm, which I love. I knocked it down points because it failed to reach the peak I wanted it to.

Yeah, that last sentence was not that much of a shot as my overall experience with 13 representations under my belt :p

There are a couple of consistent users where you have a feeling about the point distribution whilst most are complete wildcards.

I know in my case that I only send songs that I like in this competition, which is why it's likely that other countries that send something similar to me is prone to get on my points list, since I enjoy that kind of music.

This would really prove my point if for example Portugal didn't give anything to Brazil and Brazil didn't give anything to Portugal, but I'm hoping that doesn't happen today :d