website statistics

Which Sports Events are you Currently Watching?

dcro

I guess @Olympian1010 talked about reliving  games . Well I'd prefer Beijing 2008 but I don't think there are enough replays for all. 

Reliving any other games is sorta difficult for me since I'm afraid i won't be interested to watch when I know the results .

The other option I decided was having a random multi sport " games " having 50-60 sports both summer and winter. I have already made a basic plan like sports should have no more than 4 golds or no more than 5hours of finals  for individual and 2 for team maybe I'll watch knockouts only. The events must be after 2016 Olympics till date . So it can be any WC or world championships or even continental event (spread evenly like 6, 12,18 sports so that all nations have equal share of continental medals) 

I have so many replays to chose from, that I haven’t watched a single replay one week into my summer break :p

It’s too hard to chose, so I chose to not make a choice.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I guess @Olympian1010 talked about reliving  games . Well I'd prefer Beijing 2008 but I don't think there are enough replays for all. 

Reliving any other games is sorta difficult for me since I'm afraid i won't be interested to watch when I know the results .

The other option I decided was having a random multi sport " games " having 50-60 sports both summer and winter. I have already made a basic plan like sports should have no more than 4 golds or no more than 5hours of finals  for individual and 2 for team maybe I'll watch knockouts only. The events must be after 2016 Olympics till date . So it can be any WC or world championships or even continental event (spread evenly like 6, 12,18 sports so that all nations have equal share of continental medals) 

If we were to relive an Olympic Games I think it should be Rio 2016. All the finals replays are put out & it is the 4 year anniversary in August. 

I like your idea for the Wch games. I would just stick to Wch instead of continental events or world cups. You could do the latest Wch event for each sport & put it into a schedule. Honestly, this probably won’t happen, but it is fun to think about.

3 hours ago, bmo said:

If we were to relive an Olympic Games I think it should be Rio 2016. All the finals replays are put out & it is the 4 year anniversary in August. 

I like your idea for the Wch games. I would just stick to Wch instead of continental events or world cups. You could do the latest Wch event for each sport & put it into a schedule. Honestly, this probably won’t happen, but it is fun to think about.

Yeah that's what... 

So I trimmed  down  the number of events and also important will be accessibility . In case you have time we both can divide some work and @Olympian1010 can do some too if he's willing .

43 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Another great nostalgic discovery!  Petanque!  Pour nous autres rosbifs, it’s a sport you play on the beach when you were on holiday with your parents, but in France it’s second only to Le Tour itself.

Hey, it’s a World Games sport too. It has been played at the GSSE, Mediterranean Games, African Games, SEA Games as well. Pétanque is unique because of the best countries are the likes of Madagascar and Cambodia.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Hey, it’s a World Games sport too. It has been played at the GSSE, Mediterranean Games, African Games, SEA Games as well. Pétanque is unique because of the best countries are the likes of Madagascar and Cambodia.

Like Darts it’s a sport which used to be played only by people with a cigarette glued to the corner of their mouths and a dink on the table beside them.