website statistics

Team Canada at the Paris Summer Olympic Games 2024 News

On 6/14/2024 at 7:53 PM, Josh said:

Brooke Henderson and Alena Sharp have qualified for the Olympics in women’s golf! Men’s Olympic spots still to be decided…

Men’s Olympic team is set for golf!

Corey Connors with his 9th place finish at the US Open (needed 11th or better) will be making his second Olympic appearance, while Nick Taylor will be making his Olympic debut! 

https://www.tsn.ca/corey-conners-nick-taylor-to-represent-canada-at-2024-summer-olympics-1.2135554?tsn-amp

I was keeping an eye on this since the 2023 World Championships.

Lucky for us the right people qualified at the World Qualifier Series.

That means we are qualified in 42/47 disciplines at the Olympics, missing out in field hockey, handball, modern pentathlon, rhythmic gymnastics, and sport climbing.

On 6/20/2024 at 2:05 PM, Josh said:

Fay Ebert has qualified for the Olympics in women’s park skateboarding! At 14, she’ll be the youngest member of Team Canada. 

Men’s street Olympic team is also set. 

Matt Berger will make his 2nd Olympic appearance, while Ryan Decenzo and Cordano Russell will be making their Olympic debuts!

8 hours ago, intoronto said:

Canada qualifies a quota in Men's BMX freestyle! This will mark Canada's debut in the discipline.

Per the selection criteria, the spot will go to Jeff Whaley. However, I think Mike Varga should be given the spot (he is the national champion, meanwhile Whaley was third)

Just now, intoronto said:

Per the selection criteria, the spot will go to Jeff Whaley. However, I think Mike Varga should be given the spot (he is the national champion, meanwhile Whaley was third)

I don’t personally, I believe Whaley has produced better results on the WC stage.