website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Official Countdown Thread Road to Paris 2024

25 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

It's decent but definitely not one of the best. Tokyo, London and Rio were all better than this, and I'd probably say it's slightly on a par with Beijing. 

Not much of a fan of the Beijing one? That stands out to me as one of if not the most memorable (Assuming we're talking Summer 08 not Winter 22 here)

I must admit that I've watched the BBC Paris 2024 trailer almost a dozen times in the last three days. I guess it's doing a good job of getting me through the last few days before the Games :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

It's decent but definitely not one of the best. Tokyo, London and Rio were all better than this, and I'd probably say it's slightly on a par with Beijing. 

i agree apart from tokyo, wasn't a fan of that one, also the french one hasnt got intro music yet, that could sway you? Asa trailer it's got my tail up 

10 hours ago, JamDH said:

Not much of a fan of the Beijing one? That stands out to me as one of if not the most memorable (Assuming we're talking Summer 08 not Winter 22 here)

Like the concept of the trailer but just not a fan of the animation compared to the others. 

4 hours ago, Olympicsnell said:

i agree apart from tokyo, wasn't a fan of that one, also the french one hasnt got intro music yet, that could sway you? Asa trailer it's got my tail up 

The problem isn't the the music, it's the animation style as well as the bland storytelling throughout the trailer and the annoying voiceover. Out of all the ones since 2008 this is definitely the worst and hasn't got me more excited for the games. It seems the BBC have put more money and effort into the Euros trailer than they have this. This is how I'd rank all the trailers since '08: 

1. Rio

2. Tokyo

3. London

4. Beijing

5. Paris

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Like the concept of the trailer but just not a fan of the animation compared to the others. 

Oh, interesting. I really like the animation style. 

In general, I feel like the BBC has done really good job of displaying a diveristy of animation styles and themes in their Olympic intros and other artistic projects, which I really appreicate it. 

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

22 days to go

Paris 2024 Olympic Countdown Clock

-----------------50------------------------------------  25------------------------------------   02-----

--------49---------------48------------------27---------------24-------------------04--------------01-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--47--------------------------46-------29---------------------------22-------06--------------------------03

-------------------------------------36-------------------------------------- 16-------------------------------

--45-------------------38--43-----   30--33---------------18--21-------08-13------------------ -05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------44--------40---41----------------28--31-------20--23----------------10-11----- ---07---

-----------------42------------------------------------- 26------------------------------------- 09-------------

----------------------39--------------------------32-------19--------------------------  12-----------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------37----------------34-------------------17---------------14-------------

------------------------------------ -35-------------------------------------- 15---------------

21 days to go

3 weeks to go until the Opening Ceremony. Our third ring is complete!

:cheer: :bounce: :clap:

Paris 2024 Olympic Countdown Clock

-----------------50------------------------------------  25------------------------------------   02-----

--------49---------------48------------------27---------------24-------------------04--------------01-

--47--------------------------46-------29---------------------------22-------06--------------------------03

-------------------------------------36-------------------------------------- 16-------------------------------

--45-------------------38--43-----   30--33---------------18--21-------08-13------------------ -05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------44--------40---41----------------28--31-------20--23----------------10-11----- ---07---

-----------------42------------------------------------- 26------------------------------------- 09-------------

----------------------39--------------------------32-------19--------------------------  12-----------

----------------------------37----------------34-------------------17---------------14-------------

------------------------------------ -35-------------------------------------- 15---------------