6. Dmitrii Ushakov :RUS Qualified
  7. Allan Morante :FRA Qualified
  8. Ryosuke Sakai :JPN Qualified
  9. Hiroto Unno :JPN Qualified

Full Resultshttps://live.fig-gymnastics.com/link.php?id=2919

So, If I am not wrong. The Olympic quotas go to

Women's: :CHN:JPN:GBR:CAN:FRA:RUS The other 2 quotas go to World Ranking

Men's: :CHN:BLR:RUS:FRA:JPN The other 3 quotas go to World Ranking

I don't really follow trampoline because, quite frankly, I don't care for it. However, I have to say that before this event, Japan had 5 gold medals at the Trampoline World Championships from 1964 until 2018. Now, in 2019 alone, they won 4 gold medals. How different things can be now that the FIG president is Japanese and Japan hosted this event, huh?

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

I don't really follow trampoline because, quite frankly, I don't care for it. However, I have to say that before this event, Japan had 5 gold medals at the Trampoline World Championships from 1964 until 2018. Now, in 2019 alone, they won 4 gold medals. How different things can be now that the FIG president is Japanese and Japan hosted this event, huh?

Only one of those gold medals was won in an event that countries take particularly seriously in an Olympic qualification year. Anyone with even a hint of an injury would have skipped the team and synchro events.

10 hours ago, NearPup said:

Only one of those gold medals was won in an event that countries take particularly seriously in an Olympic qualification year. Anyone with even a hint of an injury would have skipped the team and synchro events.

Even so, the problem is that scores across all gymnastics disciplines seem to be quite biased lately. I've been following results of all disciplines for decades now; since 2011 some scores are just not right. Especially in women's artistic gymnastics this year, it's baffling that Belgium qualified a full team (they were overscored in every single piece of apparatus) and Melnikova got two individual medals (she deserved none).

Trampoline has always been a political tool for FIG. It's very easy to raise scores a few tenths or lower scores a few tenths without things looking very suspicious. We've seen this in other disciplines as well, but in trampoline things are getting out of hand now. Besides, there's the fact that Japan got medals in Olympic events in all three gymnastics disciplines at the World Championships this year. In my opinion, this is not simply a sign of them training hard because they are the hosts of the next edition of the Olympics; there seems to be a heavy political component here that increases the scores of Japanese gymnasts a few tenths. More food for thought: Japan has a historical feud with China, and since the moment a Japanese man was appointed FIG's president, China has been receiving lower scores and struggling to get medals.

I'm starting to lose interest in gymnastics. I know controversial decisions have been part of this sport forever, but lately things have been so blatant it's discouraging.

Edited by thiago_simoes