website statistics

Athletics WA World Championships 2023

Totallympics

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Sadly the truth, i wish it wasn't. After what happened with GDR anyone who is remotely connected to anything doping-related gets bullied by the public. German coaches went to countries like China or GB to avoid this nonsense. Please name the countries that have a more strict anti-doping law and a better funded NADA. I am sure an expert like you, who felt confident laughing about my statement, can easily provide the information. I am sure that this isn't just another case where you are hyper biased (Alex Schwazer/anything related with italian sports).

well, Italy has a stricter anti-doping law (even the athletes could theoretically end up in jail...Schwazer had to admit all of his faults in 2012 and pay a very high prize -not only the 4 year ban, he also lost his job in the Carabinieri group and had to pay a high fine to avoid jail) and NADO is really drawing a lot of funds from the general sport account (the problem is that they spend all of them pursuing amateur athletes and being part of some plots related to the internal wars in the Italian sport system)

for :GER instead, I can only name a few episodes (all in the last 15 years, so well after the end of the former GDR histeria):

Deutsche Telekom, Jan Ullrich and his teammates attending Dr. Fuentes lab

Humansplasma clinic in Wien (managed by a German doctor and attended by all the best cross country skiers and biathletes of that age)

operation Aderlass

and I could add the Leipold case (Sydney 2000) and Sachenbacher when she switched to biathlon and a few more

not that I'm blaming :GER more than any other...all the Countries have their skeletons in the closet (:ITA included...we all know who dr. Conconi and dr. Ferrari are and where they come from -just to name a couple, don't worry)

I'm only loughing at the idea that the German coaches/officials have a true adversion to certain methods...it's not...they're just as many others (sure, not the worst in the world, we all know that there are some "addicted" to certain methods that go way beyond the average)

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Tokyo was probably the biggest overperformance any country ever had in athletics (you can look at past olympics and tell me how often any european country won 5 golds). How much more do you expect? At this point everyone knows that you can't judge anything related to italian sports objectively.

as I wrote, that was the only time it happened...the once in a lifetime that sometimes comes and leaves people with open mouth

personally, I expected gold from Stano, Palmisano and a medal (not gold) from Tamberi

we won 5 gold medals, instead

I'm glad it happened to Italy (and not to any other Country), it was great, it will be always in the memories, but it's not that we repeated that (over)performance...it was just a lucky week that most likely it won't happen anymore

and trust me, nobody expects that to happen again