website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey NHL 2023 - 2024

Totallympics

Canucks win game three after defeating the Predators 2-1, and now lead 2-1 on the series! :yes:thumbup:

Really nerve wracking last couple of minutes with the Predators applying lots of pressure, but DeSmith gets his first career playoff win stopping 30/31 shots! 

Hat-trick by Brock Boeser with 6.2 seconds left in the 3rd period, to send the Canucks to OT tied 3-3 with the Predators! :hyper::yikes:

Canucks were also down 3-1 with 3 minutes to go (2:47 was the timeframe of the other goal), what a fucking comeback. 

Edited by Josh

So with the forum down, I was unable to do live-updates of yesterday’s Canucks v. Predators game. Predators won 2-1 over the Canucks. Now I’m usually not one to complain about the referees as they’ve been pretty decent throughout the series, but some of the calls they made were complete bullshit :hairpull::facepalm::rolleyes:

And no, I’m not just saying this as a Canucks fan because we lost…

Here’s an example of a big missed call on goalie interference, which led to the Predator’s tying it up at 1-1. Looks to me like Nyquist pushed Silovs before he was knocked sideways by Zadorov. The puck had no movement towards the goal until Silovs was hit. 

Now you may ask, why wouldn’t the Canucks challenge? Probably because Tocchet is an p**** (I’m quite mad as you can tell), he never challenges anything :spank::bones:

If we did challenge though it probably would’ve been unsuccessful regardless with Bettman’s anti-Canada stance. If it was unsuccessful, it would’ve been a powerplay for them although the Predators haven’t got many shots off on their 1-man advantages, and they have a 3-1 lead so it would’ve been worth the risk IMO. Anyways, my point is this game should’ve gone to OT at the very least. 

Toronto Maple Leafs won 2-1 today to force a game 7 after being down 3-1 earlier this series.

So history will repeat itself either way.

Either Toronto has another Game 7 collapse to remember

or Boston blows a 3-1 lead in consecutive years

20 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Toronto Maple Leafs won 2-1 today to force a game 7 after being down 3-1 earlier this series.

So history will repeat itself either way.

Either Toronto has another Game 7 collapse to remember

or Boston blows a 3-1 lead in consecutive years

Watch both teams try and find a way to lose :p

Edited by Josh