website statistics

Men's Football CONMEBOL-CONCACAF Copa América 2024

George_D

Martinez fires it over Vargas into the far left side to give Argentina a 1-0 lead over Colombia in the 112th minute. 

That might just be the goal that gives Argentina the Copa America title. 

Edited by Josh

5 hours ago, konig said:

For all the things happen in this tournament, i hope USA wont organice this tournament anymore.

I hope CONEMBOL won't organize this tournament anymore xD

4 hours ago, Monzanator said:

You don't postpone football matches for this. Overall a colossal failure by the organizers. The 2026 World Cup shapes up to be a total downgrade to the 1994 tournament if this happens again.

The organizers of this tournament are completely different from the organizers of the 2026 World Cup. There is no reasons to be concerned this will happen again, this simply a case of CONMEBOL being incompetent.

I agree with Near, this is all on Conmebol.

I don't feel like elaborating about this now but, in short, Conmebol, for some unknown reason, organized matches like they were going to be attended by your average american fan and not largely by the latino inmigrants there.

There is a reason why in your regular football game in south america the stadium has numerous rings of security staff around, alcohol is banned, fanbases aren't mixed, etc. Conmebol decided to act like nothing of that was going to be a problem here.