website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2016

hckošice

Acum 1 oră, mihamiha a spus:

i think france has dechamp to blame.he didnt changed his players position in all 120 minutes.pogba didnt played his natural position and was invisible most of the game.same goes for payet and griezman.

portugal coach outmastered him in tactic

Pogba was invisible all this tournament not just last night:d

4 horas atrás, George_D disse:

congratulations to Portugal. This was the worst EURO ever

It depends on the perspective: in my opinion the 2004 edition was the worst EURO ever hahaha

(actually it wasn't, I had an awesome time with my country organizing it, but the end.... :wall: That made it the worst Euro ever for me :p)

10 hours ago, Agger said:

I'm sorry, but having a team with ONE win and the same amount of goals in ordinary time as the ultra defensive Greek champions i 2004 win the EURO, really says something about the Championships :(

Agreed, what a boring, boring final and tournament for that matter. No stand-out matches, no stand-out players beside Griezmann, no new stars, nearly all teams played carefully, because the format allowed it. Only Iceland and Wales brought a surprise note and they would have even with the 16 format. Like i've said before 24 didn't work, but UEFA won't admit it, because they would lose a ton of money, after all that was why the expansion was made for, and because they would actually have to admit they were wrong about something, which will never happen..

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Agreed, what a boring, boring final and tournament for that matter. No stand-out matches, no stand-out players beside Griezmann, no new stars, nearly all teams played carefully, because the format allowed it. Only Iceland and Wales brought a surprise note and they would have even with the 16 format. Like i've said before 24 didn't work, but UEFA won't admit it, because they would lose a ton of money, after all that was why the expansion was made for, and because they would actually have to admit they were wrong about something, which will never happen..

For me, it's about time to rethink the concept of group stages. I'm not so worried about the number of teams, but it would not work with the classical group system.

A mathematician, whose name I don't remember, came up with a great idea some years ago. This made it into 3 pots (with the best team in the best pot, the middle teams in the 2nd and of course the worst in the last one) in a system where everybody competes against everybody. This means 1 match against a team from each pot, and then all teams are in the same rankings. This would mean that every single match is important, and every goal the same. Then it could still be with 24 teams without a lot of boring matches, and it could still be possible with the same amount of knock-out matches.