website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing FIS Tour de Ski 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

il y a 39 minutes, Kirkpatrick a dit :

I don't understand how semi-finals are drawed? I mean, all the best are in semi-final 1, SF2 with the rest.

The first two of the two first quarters, the first of the third quarter and the second best lucky-loser 

50 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

How is that?

I don´t know, it was just my personal oppinion.

Too many changes, from the wind/gate compensation rule in ski jumping, to the Mass starts and sprints obsession in cross-country skiing, or the alpine combined complete change and reduction of alpine skiing start lists quotas, stupid top groups bibs seeding in the speed alpine skiing events, freestyle events getting more and more attention than classical snowboard disciplines etc...+ the disastrous new FIS web site is a special chapter in the rising lost of my interest...  all in all, I just don´t feel the same vibe, the same enthusiasm I had towards the winter sports season in the past...

32 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Too many changes, from the wind/gate compensation rule in ski jumping, to the Mass starts and sprints obsession in cross-country skiing, or the alpine combined complete change and reduction of alpine skiing start lists quotas, stupid top groups bibs seeding in the speed alpine skiing events, freestyle events getting more and more attention than classical snowboard disciplines etc...+ the disastrous new FIS web site is a special chapter in the rising lost of my interest...  all in all, I just don´t feel the same vibe, the same enthusiasm I had towards the winter sports season in the past...

This!

Whenever I try watching speed events, I always end up losing interest because of this. I don't even know who are the top seeds anymore, and it's just boring to see mid-tier skiers mixed up with favorites. I very much preferred the previous system, when there was a real build-up before the favorites got on the start.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

15 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah I like the classic races. I like it all; Sprint, Individual, and Mass Start. I do wish they’d focus on longer distances for the Tour De Ski. There should 1 (maybe 2) sprint(s), a short individual, a long individual, 2 (or 3) (very) long mass starts, and the final stage up the climb (in pursuit format). There should also be no break days either. Also, there should be 100% more @brunamoura in it :p

And they need to bring back Classic Individual Start for the Holmenkollen 50k!  Spectators would really need their tents & barbecues - even the ones watching on TV.

20 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

And they need to bring back Classic Individual Start for the Holmenkollen 50k!  Spectators would really need their tents & barbecues - even the ones watching on TV.

We will have 50km and 30km freestyle interval/individual next season, 2020/2021. I wish it was in classic technique, but I can live with it, as long as it is an interval race.

https://assets.fis-ski.com/image/upload/v1570451196/fis-prod/assets/WC_Calendar_CC20-22_all.pdf

Edited by Wumo

4 hours ago, hckosice said:

In my experience, the main reason people start losing interest in sports is because of the athletes. Either their favorites don't compete anymore, or someone who they don't like starts dominating. It's not because of the disciplines, the schedules or the procedures. If there is no one you are invested in, it's very hard to get behind the race.

Like you said, you were most interested in the Lukas Bauer era. Because you were growing up with him, and he is czech and he was winning. It's easy when things align in such a perfect way to be hooked up in the race every year. If he was competing in presented day, you probably wouldn't mind the sprints and Mass starts that much. 

This is so much true for me. If i look 10 years in the past, football, tennis and F1 were my top 3 sports all the time. Now those three are almost completely ignored by me and pretty much reduced to checking the scores and highlights here and there.

7 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

In my experience, the main reason people start losing interest in sports is because of the athletes. Either their favorites don't compete anymore, or someone who they don't like starts dominating. It's not because of the disciplines, the schedules or the procedures. If there is no one you are invested in, it's very hard to get behind the race.

Like you said, you were most interested in the Lukas Bauer era. Because you were growing up with him, and he is czech and he was winning. It's easy when things align in such a perfect way to be hooked up in the race every year. If he was competing in presented day, you probably wouldn't mind the sprints and Mass starts that much. 

This is so much true for me. If i look 10 years in the past, football, tennis and F1 were my top 3 sports all the time. Now those three are almost completely ignored by me and pretty much reduced to checking the scores and highlights here and there.

Maybe you are right, maybe it´s just temporary apathy that will be miraculously cured when Beijing will be much closer. :p

Also, the bigger reason why the Tour has seen an overall decline in interest is the athletes fault. When they don't take it seriously, why should the fans.

Competing only for the sprints and then abandon; 

Being to far behind in the GC and why bother continuing -> abandon;

Not many rest days, too much energy, gonna ruin the rest of the season -> abandon

Skip the whole Tour to focus on the other events (Worlds), doing training's or just resting.

FIS is only shifting events to try and have the best athletes all competing. The Final Climb mass starts is BS, but i can understand why they are trying to change things. 

21 hours ago, hckosice said:

I don't know what you're using, but here it still looks as good as the same as it has for years, with a few tiny, tiny changes.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!