website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing FIS Tour de Ski 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

Tour de Ski has completely lost its lore. Plus the Norwegian dominance doesn't attract new fans whatsoever. Obviously I'm not gonna watch even 5 secs of this crap this season.

I've been critical of mass starts since day one and 10km mass starts is the most stupid idea ever. However it's all down to TV and FIS tries to sell crap that "fans love mass starts". It's complete bullshit.

PS. Long individual races in Tour de Ski make no sense since half of the starters (and sprinters) would withdraw before that stage.

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Tour de Ski has completely lost its lore. Plus the Norwegian dominance doesn't attract new fans whatsoever. Obviously I'm not gonna watch even 5 secs of this crap this season.

I've been critical of mass starts since day one and 10km mass starts is the most stupid idea ever. However it's all down to TV and FIS tries to sell crap that "fans love mass starts". It's complete bullshit.

PS. Long individual races in Tour de Ski make no sense since half of the starters (and sprinters) would withdraw before that stage.

*Sighs*, knowing that he’ll regret the next words to come out of his mouth because of the chaos they’ll bring: “I like the sprints and mass starts.”

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

*Sighs*, knowing that he’ll regret the next words to come out of his mouth because of the chaos they’ll bring: “I like the sprints and mass starts.”

You're too young to remember 50 km interval starts so I don't blame you. How can you like something you've never watched? :dunno:

10 km mass start is utter bullshit, period.

Tour de Ski was something great and fun to watch during the first editions, it was something new and fans loved it. I´ll never forget the Lukáš Bauer era, I was excited about this months before it started.

Now it´s just one crap. I definitely lost any interest 2 seasons back and this year with the newest idea of a mass start final climb I am not going to watch it as well (not interested anymore). Wish FIS will remove this farce from the calendar soon.

winter sports are going the very wrong way last years I am affraid

1 hour ago, Kirkpatrick said:

Huh? The final climb is not a pursuit anymore?

Yep, wiki...

E1H4geR.png

That's some thrill gone from the last day.

Also, two sprints. :wall:

(ok, that's not new - used to be one or two last couple of years)

Yeah even for FIS there seems to be absolutely no reason whatsoever to remove the pursuit and put a mass start in there. I mean, what on earth does it gain? It only makes for less excitement in terms of fighting for positions.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Tour de Ski was something great and fun to watch during the first editions, it was something new and fans loved it. I´ll never forget the Lukáš Bauer era, I was excited about this months before it started.

Now it´s just one crap. I definitely lost any interest 2 seasons back and this year with the newest idea of a mass start final climb I am not going to watch it as well (not interested anymore). Wish FIS will remove this farce from the calendar soon.

winter sports are going the very wrong way last years I am affraid

Well since it's the cross-country skiing World Cup, I'll watch it no matter which format they use :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

If you are that willing to settle, you shouldn't ever complain about anything. :p

There's a difference between wanting something to be better and just entirely ignoring it. It's part of the World Cup, I want to know how the World Cup unfolds, and just checking results is even less fun.