website statistics

Summer Paralympic Games Paris 2024

Josh

26 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

As far as I know, there haven't been any significant chnages to the classifications for the last few editions. I'm not really sure what you mean by this?

Probably means that in order to make an event competitive, several different disability groups have to be combined.  We had four different groups competing together in one of the track cycling races today & it was all a bit of mess.  Same controversies every Games.

7 hours ago, Pavlo said:

They let her start with this pillow. C'mon. If reallly this is all about being different and differently disabled in tolerant open world i don't want to hear anymore about this bulshit. Would Brazilian win if Pole had 1cm smaller pillow? Oh c'mon. This was the killer for me. 

Not at all. There are plenty possible various athlete in one disability group even they are similar. When you start in sitting events some of this things could help you (maybe not this pillow for polish athlete), but thanks to different equipment some athletes can have some advantage like more stable position (it is crucial in some serious categories of disabilities). But yeah it is stupid that thwy first let then use (not measure) and after we have a change of results day after (the same was on previpus EC or WC in athletics). I think rhey must treat delegations and supporters more serious.

5 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Not at all. There are plenty possible various athlete in one disability group even they are similar. When you start in sitting events some of this things could help you (maybe not this pillow for polish athlete), but thanks to different equipment some athletes can have some advantage like more stable position (it is crucial in some serious categories of disabilities). But yeah it is stupid that thwy first let then use (not measure) and after we have a change of results day after (the same was on previpus EC or WC in athletics). I think rhey must treat delegations and supporters more serious.

It is always the same, things that are allowed in World Cups & World Champs become illegal at the Paralympics.

Watching the T62/64 women's long jump final, Beatriz Hatz's sideways technique kicks ass :d:bowdown: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Disregard, she was the second :GRE athlete to win a medal in Para taekwondo. I got ahead of myself.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela