• 2 weeks later...

:SVK Team Slovakia :SVK

Mens

FREESTYLE

-70kg Daniel Chomanič

-74kg Tajmuraz Salkazanov

-79kg Akhsarbek Gulaev

-86kg Boris Makoev

-92kg Ermak Kardanov (Not a single idea who is this guy again)

-97kg Batyrbek Tsakulov

GRECO-ROMAN

-77kg Denis Horváth

Womens

FREESTYLE

-68kg Zsuzsanna Molnár

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

:SVK Team Slovakia :SVK

Mens

FREESTYLE

-70kg Daniel Chomanič

-74kg Tajmuraz Salkazanov

-79kg Akhsarbek Gulaev

-86kg Boris Makoev

-92kg Ermak Kardanov (Not a single idea who is this guy again)

-97kg Batyrbek Tsakulov

GRECO-ROMAN

-77kg Denis Horváth

Womens

FREESTYLE

-68kg Zsuzsanna Molnár

I remember a guy named Kardanov wrestling in Freestyle events for :GRE (but he's from :RUS Ossetia orginally) in the early 2000's (he won the Olympic Bronze in Sydney and he was 4th in Athens).

But he was a 55kg guy, I don't think he can be the father of your man. :mumble:

• 2 weeks later...

Two of the events i follow most closely, the wrestling and weightlifting Euros, are in the same week... :thumbdown: And the evening sessions are overlapping, just to make it more fun. Brilliant scheduling for my taste, what can i say...

The draw isn't that bad for us today. If we can manage one-two semifinalists for tonight i will take it. 

this :ITA Piroddu guy is good , he lost here mostly because Azerbaijan has MUCH better coaches and they made the necessary adjustment in Rzazade's strategy to win the match. not sure if Piroddu can beat Lehr for bronze but considering his age I won't be surprised to see him in podium in bigger stages. he surely has the potential.

well that was fun session of wrestling. very impressive comeback by our Greek friend with a long name Kougioumtsidis, right ? he was down 10-2 with less than 2 minutes to go but he beat the Armenian 12-10. 

Azerbaijan sent 3 to the final and will be huge favourite for the team title. I was mostly impressed by Mikhaylov (79kg UKR) and Magomedov (97kg AZE) they both won bronze at the worlds last year but looked much improved this year.

Kurugliev easily cruised into the final in his international debut for Greece. I highly doubt he loses to Amine in the final but we will see. as I said earlier he is easily #3 in the world behind Yazdani and Taylor (and #4 if his nightmare Naifonov participates someday)

Chamizo and Salkazanov will be interesting in 74kg final. they both looked in a better shape. Chamizo had a great comeback against Demirtas earlier today