website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Salkazanov out. You have athletes and athletes, different groups, there probably a mini group of athletes which win everything available in their sport, but will probably never be at the Olympics, the guy is probably the leader of this list.

I gave up. Impossible to watch (not going to pay to watch wrestling sorry), zero informations in medias or elsewhere about matches, so I have no clue what is going on ...and at the end to see only disappointing and frustrating result. So why would I lose my good mood for this ? Rather stop giving false hopes, no reason at all.

There still 5 quotas at next year 2 at Europeans and 3 at world tournament, if he still will not qualify, then it means he clearly does not deserve to be there.

4 defeats and we have nobody in the semifinals :( 57 and 75 defeats were execpted but really disappointed with 79 and 92kg defeats, Nokhodi simply fell into the Russian's trap. when you are facing a Russian you have to push from the start because if you are leading by 1 point there is 90% chance that you lose the match. they know how to score in the last 30 seconds

and Azarpira was a total disaster, he lost despite leading 9-4 at some point. 3 of 4 semifinalists lost so many times to our 2nd/3rd tier wrestlers in past couple of years :facepalm:

speaking of Olympic weights, Emami did nothing special against Sidakov, losing 6-0. Sidakov almost lost his 1st match but he is a snake, he always finds a way to win. I think he will beat Bayramov in SF easily but still it will be a long road ahead in the repechage for Emami. 

57kg was a different story, we gave up on our so-called experienced wrestlers and sent a 18 years nobody kid instead. surprisingly he won 2 matches before losing to the defending champion Abakarov. I hope Aba makes to the final and brings back our kid to the repechage but even in that case he has to beat Aman :wacko:

good day for Azerbaijan, they have 3 in the semifinal. USA also received 3 defeats and even Kyle Dake barely survived in his matches. but star of the day was Kougioumtsidis, beating Kadi and Salkazanov :yikes:

also Micic surprised everybody by beating the Olympic Champ Uguev

1 minute ago, ChandlerMne said:

Sure. 

How does it work, because in 2019 everyone who lost the bronze medal match qualified and there were 6 quota places, but now with only 5, do they do a 5th place match or whoever lost to the gold medal winner is considered 5th?

1 minute ago, Makedonas said:

How does it work, because in 2019 everyone who lost the bronze medal match qualified and there were 6 quota places, but now with only 5, do they do a 5th place match or whoever lost to the gold medal winner is considered 5th?

We will have two bronze medal bouts. Losers will fight for the 5th place. 

4 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

as @ChandlerMne said there will be a 5th place match at the end of the day, I mean after the medal ceremonies 

10 minutes ago, MHSN said:

as @ChandlerMne said there will be a 5th place match at the end of the day, I mean after the medal ceremonies 

If IOC doesnt approve AIN quotas, who will replace them? In this case, Sidakov's quota? 6th placed? I am sure that you mentioned it before but cant recall.