Edited by Josh

12 minutes ago, Josh said:

Women’s Team Pursuit

Final Results: 

Gold- Ivanie Blondin, Isabelle Weidemann, Valerie Maltais :CAN 

Silver- Momoka Horikawa, Ayano Sato, Sumire Kikuchi :JPN 

Bronze- Mia Kilburg, Giorgia Birkeland, Brittany Bowe :USA 

Full Results Here

The Dutch ladies Beune, Schouten and Groenewoud skated by far the fastest time, but were disqualified because a small piece of skin from Beune's ankle was visible during the race. That seems to be forbidden.

10 minutes ago, CCB said:

The Dutch ladies Beune, Schouten and Groenewoud skated by far the fastest time, but were disqualified because a small piece of skin from Beune's ankle was visible during the race. That seems to be forbidden.

That seems like a somewhat ridiculous reason for a DQ?

39 minutes ago, NearPup said:

That seems like a somewhat ridiculous reason for a DQ?

Skin of ankles must be covered for safety. During the race, the covering of Beune's ankle shifted, resulting in disqualification. Bizarre rule and sorry for the team. This was the first decent team pursuit of the Netherlands in ages. And sorry for Beune, who normally finishes fourth in most of the competitions she skates.

I've seen speed skating for most of my 32 years, but I don't think I've often seen a more ridiculous situation than this, damn. Nothing against the Canadians of course, but I guess they know they got the gold on a technicality and not because they were the best.

Not like the rule in itself is necessarily a bad one, but it's always odd to have situations where there's either no punishment or a straight-up DQ. Rules are rules though.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Ok catching up a bit and Jordan Stolz's 34,10 might be the next most ridiculous thing I've seen in a very very long time, but this one is ridiculous in the absolutely most positive sense of the word :hyper: 

Wow, wow, wow. Without any doubt one of the top performances across all sports in 2023 so far. There are no words to describe how insane this race was.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Ok catching up a bit and Jordan Stolz's 34,10 might be the next most ridiculous thing I've seen in a very very long time, but this one is ridiculous in the absolutely most positive sense of the word :hyper: 

Wow, wow, wow. Without any doubt one of the top performances across all sports in 2023 so far. There are no words to describe how insane this race was.

And from the supposed bad lane draw. :d

#banbestmen