website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Championships 2023

Totallympics

13 minutes ago, FireRun said:

Silly question here. Since there are (and probably will be in the mens race too) so many DNS in the slalom part of the combined, this means someone like Moreno from Andorra or Muzaferija from Bosnia might end up in the top 15. Will this give them anything? I'm not talking about points for the world cup, but perhaps FIS points for a better start number perhaps or something of that nature (points for the nations cup, I dunno)? 

Top 15 at WCh earns great WCSL (World Cup Start List) points. This is the main goal for smaller nations skiers

Just because of top 15 finish at Olympics skiers from Andorra and Australia started among best 10 in super G.

Personally I love Combined, but because there are no skiers left who compete in all disciplines and even FIS does not recognize this discipline with no races in World Cup it has become obscure.

Also, maybe it would be better to race classic Downhill race, and then organize next day (or even in the afternoon) one Slalom run to determine Combined podium.