website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Championships 2023

Totallympics

14 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

It's super weird to start the WC on a monday, but this is what happens, when they want to have only 1 event per day. Especially now, when they have 2 resorts hosting, they could have easily grouped the Super-Gs or Combined's in 1 day.

I do agree with the one event per day thing, to be honest. Not for a World Cup, but for a major championship I want to be able to focus on one medal event per day (especially considering biathlon almost starts as well) :p 

But yeah, scheduling issues.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Sofia has finished her race! :cheer:

that's great news!

however, she really took only a training run (and made a lot of mistakes).

we'll see on Wednesday, but my feeling is not so good, tbh.

Gritsch might be a dangerous outsider for the secondary medals, now.

Edited by phelps

59 minutes ago, justony said:

This is pure joke to let so many skiers only to train. Among them there is also Ilka Štuhec, but she really did not ski on slalom skis for ages.

all the combined events are a joke to me...

in the modern era, the speed disciplines and slalom are basically 2 different sports.

trying to mix them up, it's a senseless and useless attempt, just a way to multiply the number of medals awarded and increase the tv time to make athletes and sponsors happy.

and the same goes for parallel and team events (which moreover are also unfair, as there's no track where the 2 sides are even close to being equal).

imho, the 4 individual events (slalom, GS, superG and DH) are more than enough.

and not having more farcical events, would make them even more important, as there would be less people capable of calling themselves World (Olympic) Champion.

Silly question here. Since there are (and probably will be in the mens race too) so many DNS in the slalom part of the combined, this means someone like Moreno from Andorra or Muzaferija from Bosnia might end up in the top 15. Will this give them anything? I'm not talking about points for the world cup, but perhaps FIS points for a better start number perhaps or something of that nature (points for the nations cup, I dunno)?