website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans in 2023

Totallympics

:SVK finally making some headlines in tennis this year, but not for good reasons unfortunately @hckošice

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Some exotic ones lately.

Two track and field officials in Albania have been banned from the sport for falsifying an athlete's result to help him qualify for the Tokyo Olympics, the Athletics Integrity Unit said Wednesday.

Long jumper Izmir Smajlaj was cleared of being part of the conspiracy to register a national record in May 2021 that gained him entry to compete at the Tokyo Games.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-12019801/Izmir-Smajlaj-Albanian-track-field-officials-banned-Olympics-conspiracy.html

Another weird one, with a :SMR angle.

Antonio Tiberi and Trek-Segafredo have parted ways after he shot dead a minister's cat in San Marino.

The 21-year-old Italian reportedly said he was trying out an air rifle and pointed it at a cat that belonged to San Marino's tourism and posts minister Federico Pedini Amati.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/65428878

On 4/28/2023 at 8:50 PM, Grassmarket said:

Another weird one, with a :SMR angle.

Antonio Tiberi and Trek-Segafredo have parted ways after he shot dead a minister's cat in San Marino.

The 21-year-old Italian reportedly said he was trying out an air rifle and pointed it at a cat that belonged to San Marino's tourism and posts minister Federico Pedini Amati.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/65428878

uhhhhh.....Yeah,i can't add anything to that, other than even San marino can get crazy apparently

2 hours ago, dullard said:

Was this a case that's been going on before and the news is only the actual verdict, or is this entirely new? Feels like a bomb to me, but I may well have missed it earlier :yikes: 

Amos, arguably my favourite 800m runner (apart from Alfred Kipketer and Anita Hinriksdottir) :(:facepalm: 

Edit: Ah, the news about being positive is from July last year (so the news today is the actual verdict), now I remember :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, Biathlonfan said:

uhhhhh.....Yeah,i can't add anything to that, other than even San marino can get crazy apparently

We already knew that from their Eurovision entries :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela