website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans in 2023

Totallympics

On 5/20/2023 at 6:44 PM, OlympicsFan said:

Agreed. People that miss multiple tests should be regarded as dopers. We all know that there have been cases in the past were athletes retired (to dope without the risk of getting caught) and then came back better than before (just recently we witnessed the miracle of Meilutyte being thrash before retiring, just to come back stealing medals shortly after. Gatlin or Efimova would be other examples of athletes that came back stronger/as strong as before). I am glad that WADA didn’t trust him and I wish they would have banned him longer. Absolutely wouldn’t be shocked if he returns eventually.

Ok,first off Trash is just you being dramatic,she literally has a movie about being depressed,even before Rio happened,and then suicidal afterwards, sport was not on her mind whatsoever,and she took the third miss intentionally,intending to end her career that way,that changed after a few years,where she no longer felt all the insults Lithuanians piled on her for years,[calling her fat and much worse]she's stolen nothing,talent doesn't disappear because you take a break,and she did train a little before returning for the Lithuanian swimming championships in 2021,she never was banned for doping,so do not put her alongside Gaitlin and Efimova,that's just dumb. Athletes can actually miss drug tests for valid reasons,whether you believe  them is your decision,but your idea would only cause a lot more Ponzio like problems and i guarantee that in that case there would be  athletes you would defend and not brand ''dopers''.

But that's why they have a three strike rule. You can miss one test, two tests for random circumstances but if you're missing three then you have to be very naive to believe it's all accidental. These are professional athletes who know doping tests are part of the job :dunno:

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

But that's why they have a three strike rule. You can miss one test, two tests for random circumstances but if you're missing three then you have to be very naive to believe it's all accidental. These are professional athletes who know doping tests are part of the job :dunno:

I'm pretty sure she did have some kind of explanations for the first two tests in the movie,but i can't remember them now,point is i can't see her doping given how  hard she went against Efimova,it would be way too humiliating

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Fair enough for active athletes, but we’ve seen plenty of cases where athletes retire in their own heads but don’t go through all the bureaucratic crap necessary to satisfy their national team, the governing body, doping inspectors etc etc.

3 hours ago, Biathlonfan said:

I'm pretty sure she did have some kind of explanations for the first two tests in the movie,but i can't remember them now,point is i can't see her doping given how  hard she went against Efimova,it would be way too humiliating

Dopers aren’t usually known for their humility 

On 5/19/2023 at 4:29 PM, Dragon said:

This suddenly becomes a lot more serious for Halep.

It's even possible she could be stripped of her Grand Slam wins.

Nah, these allegations are from the last year and her GS wins are from 2018-2019. Not a coincidence that all this happened after she joined team Mouratoglou, who has been very active in her defense since her second charge.

• 2 weeks later...

20 more Kenyans suspended for doping :coffee:  How long until Kenya gets banned from athletics outright?

https://www.pulsesports.ng/athletics/story/kenyas-top-sprinter-and-19-other-athletes-suspended-for-doping-violations-2023060316474274952

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...