website statistics

Boxing at the European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

What an awful tournament in boxing for Ukraine - even Khyzhniak received some biased judging but his destroyment of opponent in third round help him to win first and only quota for Ukraine. 

Feeling bad for Zakhareiev and Zamotayev losses, what a shitty referees is here in EG :(

5 minutes ago, phelps said:

Radovanovic is not even a boxer, more a greco-roman wrestler for what she did on the ring (and it's her usual style, not that she's new to this kind of interpretation of the sport).

Your POV. I personally dont like her style, i like clean fight but wouldnt say she is nothing more than many other female boxers. Rok and Cakiroglu were passive, others were slow... 

9 minutes ago, phelps said:

but the main problem was that corrupted disaster of a ref (he's the same that was judging Cavallaro's fight earlier this afternoon).

Dont get me wrong for asking but refs are corrupted if they dont declare Italian boxers as winners? I saw few fights when Italians were granted undeserved win. 

Refs are just like that, they make mistakes, i doubt that any nation is particular target of bad judgment.

I would like to see clean fights but that wont happen in the near future, whoever governs boxing.

24 minutes ago, phelps said:

they couldn't steal Sorrentino's victory, but now the judges just showed all of their best against the poor :ITA Chaarabi :facepalm: :wall:

as I always said, it's not AIBA/IBA/IOC or any other name...it's all about that fuckin' bunch of corrupted people managing the sport on and off the ring :thumbdown:

I do not agree with this at all, I do not accept the hidden blames to Turkish team implying that they did noy deserve the wins. It was a close game, we losy many games like this with referee decisipn and we won many, this time we won. Please stop implying the success of somebody is not deserved if you do not have proof. Hatice is a great boxer, a world champion. 

8 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Your POV. I personally dont like her style, i like clean fight but wouldnt say she is nothing more than many other female boxers. Rok and Cakiroglu were passive, others were slow... 

Dont get me wrong for asking but refs are corrupted if they dont declare Italian boxers as winners? I saw few fights when Italians were granted undeserved win. 

Refs are just like that, they make mistakes, i doubt that any nation is particular target of bad judgment.

I would like to see clean fights but that wont happen in the near future, whoever governs boxing.

I haven't seen Charaabi's fight, so I don't know if she was robbed or not. Generally speaking, I don't think boxing refs and judges only make mistakes that could randomly help or hurt anyone. Many of them are outright dishonest and know exactly who they are helping and who they are hurting.

Edited by Matteo92

Quotas

Men's 63.5kg - :IRL  :FRA  :GEO  :HUN 

Men's 80kg - :ITA  :UKR  :CRO  :AZE 

Women's 50kg - :TUR  :ITA  :ESP  :FRA

Women's 54kg - :GBR  :BUL  :ROU  :TUR 

Women's 57kg - :BUL  :ITA  :IRL  :FRA 

Women's 60kg - :IRL  :FRA  :TUR  :SRB 

Women's 66kg - :HUN  :BEL  :GBR  :TUR 

Quota matches

Men's 51kg - :GBR v :FRA | :TUR v :ITA 

Men's 57kg - :ARM v :BUL | :HUN v :SWE | :BEL v :DEN | :ESP v :GEO 

Men's 71kg - :AZE v :FRA | :ARM v :SRB | :ALB v :DEN | :TUR v :GER 

Men's 92kg - :IRL v :ESP | :POL v :ITA 

QFs in weights classes where the SFs will be the quota matches

Men's +92kg - :GRE v :AZE | :ESP v :GER | :BUL v :LTU | :GBR v :ARM 

Women's 75kg - :FRA v :ITA | :CZE v :GER | :POL v :TUR | :SWE v :IRL 

[Quotas] (quota match + just regular QF)

[4] 2+1 :TUR  :FRA 

[3] 2+1 :ITA 

[3] 1+1 :IRL 

[2] 1+1 :GBR  :BUL

[2] 1+0 :HUN 

[1] 2+1 :ESP 

[1] 1+1 :AZE 

[1] 1+0 :BEL  :GEO  :SRB

[1] :UKR  :CRO  :ROU

2+1 :ARM

2+0 :DEN 

1+2 :GER 

1+1 :SWE  :POL

1+0 :ALB 

0+1 :CZE  :GRE  :LTU 

1 minute ago, Matteo92 said:

I haven't seen Charaabi's fight, so I don't know if she was robbed or not. Generally speaking, I don't think boxing refs only make mistakes, many of them are outright corrupt.

Now when IOC governs boxing, why dont they name those corrupt ones and penalise them? I would like to see that, really would.

I can relate with your statements but its just ones POV. Mine or yours, no matter.

I think that every organisation in sport also has ethical comitee. Why dont they react? Is IOC also corrupt?