website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

My personal ranking for best picture (like vini I also didn't watch Little women).

1. Parasite 2.1917 3.Once Upon... 4.Jojo Rabbit 5.Joker 6. Ford v Ferrari 7. Marriage Story 8. Irishman (the only fun part of this borefest was the crappy CGI :lol:)

Parasite is clearly the best film from this bunch, basically only patriotism from the voters can prevent it from winning.

Edited by LDOG

26 minutes ago, LDOG said:

My personal ranking for best picture (like vini I also didn't watch Little women).

1. Parasite 2.1917 3.Once Upon... 4.Jojo Rabbit 5.Joker 6. Ford v Ferrari 7. Marriage Story 8. Irishman (the only fun part of this borefest was the crappy CGI :lol:)

Parasite is clearly the best film from this bunch, basically only patriotism from the voters can prevent it from winning.

I had a positive reaction to The Irishman, but the more I think about that movie, the less I like. I would reevaluate it but it's 3 and a half hours long so... no :p

About Parasite, I think there's a chance of a win under the current preferential ballot system, but it would be the first foreign film to win in 90+ years of history, so I'm skeptical.

Trying to cram :p. Once a bad student, always a bad student. Just finished Marriage Story. It’s rather good. I found it more enjoyable than some of the other nominees. The only awards it deserves are Best Actor/Best Actress in my opinion.

On to Edge of Democracy, then American Factory, Honeyland, Parasite, and the Doc Shorts.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

21 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Trying to cram :p. Once a bad student, always a bad student. Just finished Marriage Story. It’s rather good. I found it more enjoyable than some of the other nominees. The only awards it deserves are Best Actor/Best Actress in my opinion.

On to Edge of Democracy, then American Factory, Honeyland, Parasite, and the Doc Shorts.

In my world Marriage Story would win Best Actor/Actress, but I'm happy that Phoenix and Zellweger are gonna win (Phoenix for his career, Zellweger because of her comeback).

Are you gonna watch all of these before the ceremony? If so, good luck :p

About 30 minutes into Edge of Democracy, and I already recognized a song used in the 2012 Handover Ceremony. No spoilers, but I’ve just found @hckosice a new favorite question for next weeks quiz.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Are you gonna watch all of these before the ceremony? If so, good luck :p

Yes.

Watching Edge of Democracy is painful. I’m watching the last three years of my life play out in front of my eyes, but in a different country. The similarity is that democracy failed both countries. The upper class wins in both cases :(

The difference is that Brazil had a false impeachment, and the US missed a true impeachment.

Brazil is full idiots too. This documentary at least makes me feel a bit better about our democracy, ask me again in November though.

2 hours ago, vinipereira said:

I had a positive reaction to The Irishman, but the more I think about that movie, the less I like. I would reevaluate it but it's 3 and a half hours long so... no :p

I can so relate to this. :lol:

Though I did appreciate the second part of the film, which was very non-Scorsese for mobster films.

#banbestmen

My preferential rankings for Best Picture is as follows: 1. 1917, 2. Parasite, 3. OUATIH, 4. Ford v Ferrari, 5. The Irishman, 6. Marriage Story, 7. Jojo Rabbit, 8. Little Women, 9. Joker

Here's hoping Ford v Ferrari wins best editing or best sound mixing (or both). :pope:

#banbestmen