website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

On 30/12/2020 at 20:47, Federer91 said:

1. Floki has to return, even if it's only for a special appearance. He is after all, the last remaining legendary character from the beginning of the show. Plus he has to have his revenge against Edge.., umm, i mean Kjetill :d

2. Vikings is a much better show than those 2, so i don't have any worries. 

What? Vikings better than GOT? :facepalm:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Interesting short film out of Quebec. It reminds me a little of Skin, but definitely a different plot tailored towards Canadian/French themes.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I sincerely hope this is in contention for a animated short film nomination at the Oscars this year. A brilliant piece of storytelling. Highly recommend giving it a watch, it’s only 8 minutes in length.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 20/01/2021 at 08:59, dcro said:

I caught up with two COVID-related films so far (Host and Locked Down)... And I don't see the appeal at all. Why would anyone want to create, watch, or engage in any way with such films at this time??

Host seems pretty...interesting, for a bit of fun horror that is :p 

Why would anyone specifically not want to watch a COVID-related film other than a film where it's basically just about some regular person's regular boring life with the only difference being there's a lockdown :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Host seems pretty...interesting, for a bit of fun horror that is :p 

Why would anyone specifically not want to watch a COVID-related film other than a film where it's basically just about some regular person's regular boring life with the only difference being there's a lockdown :p 

Host is fine, Locked Down is pretty insufferable. :p

There are plenty of reasons. A film glorifying/romanticizing lockdown is just obnoxious right now. Jokes in the film got old by mid-March. Zoom calls as plot devices don't work as well (where are the production values?!).

Don't get me wrong, the concept of a lockdown film is not bad by default. Just give it some more time and perspective.

#banbestmen

Guys, i'm interested to find out, what is that that odd film, that the TV channels always show in your country :d

Because here, it is the 1997 cult classic Pierce Brosnan / Linda Hamilton volcano movie Dante's Peak, which i'm watching at the moment, again. :d It seems, that every company that operates here, has the rights to it, as it pops up all the time on different channels. 

51J59AohH7L._AC_.jpg  

Honestly, I enjoyed Penguin Bloom a lot more than I thought I would. The movie is a dramatic retelling of a book by the same name written by Australian Paracanoe and Adaptive Surf athlete Sam Bloom.

Also, I really hope people start casting Rachel House more often, she’s so perfectly hilarious in every role I’ve seen her in. 

The Outsider is worth watching :cheer: 

So is Barbaren so far, especially if you like some 2000-year old history.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Guys, i'm interested to find out, what is that that odd film, that the TV channels always show in your country :d

Because here, it is the 1997 cult classic Pierce Brosnan / Linda Hamilton volcano movie Dante's Peak, which i'm watching at the moment, again. :d It seems, that every company that operates here, has the rights to it, as it pops up all the time on different channels. 

51J59AohH7L._AC_.jpg  

in Italy there are so many tv channels showing movies, that's impossible not to find some of them on the schedule at least every few months (on some channels they just show the same 5/6 movies all year long, so the replay rate is so high that you can't even keep the pace with it)...:yikes: :facepalm:

by the way, the nicest tradition we have, it's about Eddy Murphy's Trading Places which is shown every year during the Christmas period (Dec 24th and/or Dec 31st are the 2 favourite days by the TV network that's always showing this movie)...

another movie that's shown at least 10 times a year by the FTA channels is Little Lord Fauntleroy...

but the absolute winner in this particular race is surely Pretty Woman (which is normally a classic on our main public channel, rai 1)...