website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

Just now, Federer91 said:

Nah, Mank is the whitest film this year. It's going to get nominated in each category, but it's not going to win anything.

It's set in 1930s. Not even Hollywood can spin the BLM crap in that movie. And yeah, since there are 0 black people involved, it's probably gonna be a total bust at the Awards :p

So, which film has the most black people involved since I'd like to know which is the favorite?

3 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Nah, Mank is the whitest film this year. It's going to get nominated in each category, but it's not going to win anything.

As inconsistent as it is, Mank ticks all the boxes. Don't forget that movies about Hollywood always get extra praise.

Just to reiterate how inconsistent it is... The movie spends its entire run bashing Hearst and Co.... And yet it still portrays Orson Welles as nothing more than an arrogant man-child - keeping alive Hearst's aggressive narrative and legacy. :p

#banbestmen

10 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Oscars Shortlists: https://www.oscars.org/news/93rd-oscarsr-shortlists-nine-award-categories-announced

Some of my favorites have made the cut (Boys State in Documentary, Kapaemahu and If Anything Happens I Love You in Animated Short Film). The only film I’m disappointed didn’t make the cut is “Loop” in short animated film.

The shortlists for the main awards come later?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, dcro said:

There are no shortlists for the main awards (as far as I know).

Oh, I thought movies were nominated for those too :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

https://www.goldderby.com/odds/combined-odds/oscars-nominations-2021-predictions/

Best shortlist, until the actual nominations are announced ;)

Thanks. First movie I've ever even heard of is ranked 21st there :d