website statistics

Women's Tennis WTA Tour 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, owenp_23 said:

Wang Xiyu and Wang Xinyu in the same tournament at Monterrey. How confusing.:drama:

Not only that, they played back to back on the same court. So I guess some spectators were really confused when the aanouncenment came.

Two 250 finals on Sunday:

Monterrey (Mexico)

:FRA Caroline Garcia vs :CRO Donna Vekic

Austin, Texas

:UKR Marta Kostyuk vs Varvara Gracheva

The second one could be high drama given Kostyuk's vocal stance against Russian players, probably only a raquet tap here and no handshake. Both going for their first WTA title which adds more fuel...

:UKR Marta Kostyuk wins her first WTA title in Austin 6-3 7-5 over Varvara Gracheva in the final.

Wilson and their red dress can be proud they signed her at the right time when she can maybe make a run towards Top 30 of the rankings this season.

Obviously there was no handshake at the end given Kostyuk's previous comments.

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

:UKR Marta Kostyuk wins her first WTA title in Austin 6-3 7-5 over Varvara Gracheva in the final.

Wilson and their red dress can be proud they signed her at the right time when she can maybe make a run towards Top 30 of the rankings this season.

Obviously there was no handshake at the end given Kostyuk's previous comments.

The amount of cringe in the replies makes me hope she doesn't win a tournament ever again,i think i lost brain cells from reading all the garbage

The 1000 tournament in Indian Wells has started. Slower courts & winds increasing the DF count are to be expected. Marta Kostyuk made 17 DF in R1 loss to Rebecca Peterson. But Camila Giorgi beat Arantxa Rus and will play Jessica Pegula in R2 (for like the 4th time in the last twelve months). Top 32 seeds don't start until tomorrow.