• 18:40 Muaythai Women's Combat -63.5kg
  • 19:10 Fencing Men's Epee
  • 19:20 Table Tennis Men's Individual 
  • 19:40 Fencing Women's Sabre 
  • 19:55 Breaking B-Girls
  • 20:00 Breaking B-Boys
  • 21:05 Rugby 7 Women's
  • 21:35 Rugby 7 Men's 

All the ski jumping events are straight two round finals btw.  Practice jump. But no qual rounds.

8 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Billiards is a sport, Cards is a game. Billiards is a physical activity, involving skill, objective scoring criteria, universal rules and competition. That pretty much defines sport. Gymnastics et al struggle on the objective scoring bit - the more 'artistic impression' is involved, the less it is objective, and the more it is art rather than sport. something like gymnastics and diving at least now have a code of points, but there are too many Olympic events scored subjectively now. Frankly, snooker or billiards would enjoy a similar relationship with golf as table tennis does with tennis (and darts does with Archery) - simply minitaturised version of the sport with stronger emphasis on precision than power and/or speed. i'd have no difficulty with cue sports being included in some capacity.

Cards, on the other hand, are about mental skill or even just chance, not physical skill. See also backgammon, schess, quizzing and scrabble. all noble pursuits deserving attention. but not sports.

I agree with you, but IOC has already recognized the Card Games as Sports, even if we don't like it. :dunno:

same for E-Sports. :facepalm:

8 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Is the advent of drone camera tech not ready made for all the events on the open water?

not yet, at least how they use it right now.

bad quality pictures and having the drones flying too high* to make people recognizable at first sight are still big issues.

*I understand that if they let the drones to close to the athletes, it might cause troubles (or at least disturb).

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

This discussion off topic a bit, so maybe it can be moved elsewhere. However, I would add that I’m not personally under the belief that something needs to be a sport to be included in the Olympic Games. The ancient editions were meant to celebrate the full extent of humanity, and had musical contests and whatnot. I’d love to see artistic competitions return in some form. I think chess opens up a lot of possibilities for the Olympic Movement. I’m nearly certain that I’m in the minority on this, but I think it’s worth thinking about what those mediums of competition can add to the Games.

my recipe?

stay loyal to the good, old "altius, citius, fortior" philosophy.

things would be a lot better.