website statistics

Swimming FINA Short Course World Championships 2022

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

:CAY Cayman Islands with a real chance to win a medal or even a gold medal tomorrow night

I don't think he has many chances to win gold...I guess Chalmers and Popovici will be close to the 45-sec dead mark, and also Grousset and Miressi can go below the 45.5 mark...

in any case, it's gonna be an exciting final :cheer:

Happy to see our young 4x200m womens team already reaching 4th place in a global final. Not sure how far their potential reaches, but it will definitely be a big ask to really challenge the three swimming powerhouses USA, Australia and Canada.

Two very pleasant results today for team SVK :yes

Andrea Podmaníková (2nd from right in the front row) ended 18th in the 100 breast, aka 2nd reserve for the semis. 0.03 short of the crazy achieved team´s goal.

Also the female 4x200 free relay ended 9th, at first view only 1 place from the heavens (Place in the final) but also almost 11 full seconds from that 8th rank :whistle:

All in all, well done team SVK

319614774_605377728254924_32397934218811

3 hours ago, Jinzha said:

Happy to see our young 4x200m womens team already reaching 4th place in a global final. Not sure how far their potential reaches, but it will definitely be a big ask to really challenge the three swimming powerhouses USA, Australia and Canada.

In long course your women are lightyears away from USA, Canada, Australia and China. It would be the biggest miracle in the history of sport if your women would reach that level in the foreseeable future. There are probably half a dozen other nations that are at least as good as the Netherlands. Your only swimmer who is even close to world class in the 200 free is Steenbergen. I think in Paris the absolute perfect case for the Netherlands would be 5th place in the relay + Steenbergen somehow sneaking into the individual final. At this point it is difficult to imagine the Netherlands winning more than 2 medals (2 x Kamminga) in Paris.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

12 hours ago, phelps said:

I don't think he has many chances to win gold...I guess Chalmers and Popovici will be close to the 45-sec dead mark, and also Grousset and Miressi can go below the 45.5 mark...

in any case, it's gonna be an exciting final :cheer:

I'm not sure anyone will be getting down to 45 flat.

11 hours ago, Jinzha said:

The Netherlands have always been better in short course 4x200 than long course because it's easier for 100 sprinters to stretch up to 200 in the small pool. The medals for this relay in the big pool will continue to rotate between Australia, USA, Canada and China for the forseeable future.