website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2019

hckošice

Lithuania is having simply the best championships! I am so excited. Vytautas Strolia, another person that's not known for hitting all the targets, I think this might have even been the first time (second at best) when he goes clear in a race and finished with a PB of 26th place :clap: Tomas Kaukėnas after an abyssmal season actually made it in the pursuit with clean shooting as well and Karol topped it off with decent ski speed and 63rd place, but his priority is the individual race and we'll see if he shines there.

Anyway, 26th for Strolia and 27th for Kočergina is more than anyone could have asked from our team, especially since we qualified like to two pursuit races this year and our only points were from Karol in an individual race at the start of the season. I'm a happy camper.

Edited by Werloc

44 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Will Lindstroem retire after this season?

Thanks to this post I realize he was in the race :yikes: 

I thought he would be focussing entirely on next season after his illness.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

46 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Will Lindstroem retire after this season?

I don't think he will retire. He was just very ill this season, though I'm highly surprised he got a start in the world championships. Kinda unfair to Ponsiluoma (unless of course he's sick himself)

17 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Doherty 10/10. @RobtheAggie will be happy about it ;)

Yep, very happy.  22nd place when shooting 0+0.  See what I mean when I said top 15 would be amazing!  The fact that both Claire Egan and Joanna Reid were in the top 15 for the womens sprint was great.  

But it was not just Doherty who shot well, coming off his terrible performance in the Mixed Relay, Nordgren shot 0+0, but is 1:51 behind, in 34th place.  A third American male, Jake Brown also qualified for the pursuit at 0+3 2:41 in 58th place.  I predict he will be lapped.  

Great shooting for four (males and females) in the sprint, just not great ski speed.  But I am happy!

Paja DNS in todays pursuit, she is too much disappointed by her performance (especially shooting) in the sprint, she decided altogether with the coaches that the best choice will be to DNS today and instead of competing to train and work on the shooting, before the remaining events, clearly focusing on the mass start.