website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2024

Totallympics

12 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

I guess Van Gaal style of play helped Weghorst a lot , so he should be thankful for him , overall Argentina dominated the game for 80 mins and I guess they deserved the victory 

I agree Argentina deserved it overall, they were simply better, but what I meant is that they put Weghorst in, then absolutey pummelled Argentina resulting in a 2-goal comeback. If it was a boxing fight, that was the one moment, the 5-minute window where Argentina was badly hanging in the ropes and only needed one small push to be knocked out....but once it was tied again, Van Gaal let the team play super defensively, like they had done for the first 80 minutes (which resulted in Argentina being way better and dominating the match). Unsurprisingly, that failed to result in success...

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I agree Argentina deserved it overall, they were simply better, but what I meant is that they put Weghorst in, then absolutey pummelled Argentina resulting in a 2-goal comeback. If it was a boxing fight, that was the one moment, the 5-minute window where Argentina was badly hanging in the ropes and only needed one small push to be knocked out....but once it was tied again, Van Gaal let the team play super defensively, like they had done for the first 80 minutes (which resulted in Argentina being way better and dominating the match). Unsurprisingly, that failed to result in success...

From my point of view: it was :ARG who turned defensive to protect the lead and it's just not a very good team at doing that (almost lost to Australia, France trying the same). In extra-time they had to take back the reins of the game and dispute possession hence why the dutch onslaught ended.

Also, it's easy for someone like Weghorst to look good with crossing tactics against tiny CBs like Martinez.

1 hour ago, lapaj said:

Yeah, Serbia vs England....not without reason that it's being called a 'high security risk event' by authorities, due to certain elements within the 'fan groups' of both sides :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!